10,th Cav Days

Started by buckshot roberts, February 08, 2006, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

;) Well we dug up some when I was with the 10th cav, out of Ft Carson, Co. The 10th was part of the 4th INF, DIV, then, I had just got sent their after I done my one year of duty over on the DMZ in Korea, I loved it out their in Colorado, My first wife went with me we had it good for a time, I got to fish a lot, but did not get to hunt any, because, of that dang Iran hostage thing in nov,79 we were sent by C-130 to the good ole Ft Irwin CA, for it's excellent desert train, yep  got to be with my wife for 5 mo, missed another thanksgiving, and christmas, we were at Ft Irwin for about med Feb 1980, (came back and was with the 10th, till around aug, then went to the 7th cav over in germany, on the east german border, that will be another post), Anyway most of the pic, were when we were at Ft Irwin, The M113, were their,  I was the  commander of a M113 that was a Tow Missile,they were  nothing like you see now, those babys shot one missile as fast as you could hand load one, those were the days,( most these pics were on 110 film),
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Very cool Buckshot.  Those old 113s are relegated to Ambulance duty and the big Mortars mounted in the back of them, thats about all these days.  Hmmm, Iran causing problems then just like today, some problems just never seem to go away.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

Never played around one of those. Looks like a rough riding little fella though.

Thanks for posting.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

:D They ride ruff'er a cub, but sleep 4 with ;)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: