Strength Of Rolling Block Actions

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), February 03, 2006, 08:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

I had this up once before but I don't think it made it through the change last time.  In any event, this is just for reference and a guide when you consider renovating an original action.  Custom chamberings should be considered carefully.

quigleysharps4570

Wasn't aware of the different actions. Thanks Jay.

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Jay Edward (deceased)

I'm kinda partial to original RBs Don.  Some don't care for them because of the extreme drop in the buttstock.  Since I prefer iron sights, the drop is just fine.

I'm not sure why but the Rolling Block has more of a flavor of history than most other rifles for me.  Chambered in the medium bore obsolete cartridges, I regard them as true short to medium range hunting firearms.  I'm thinking that someday, when I can get my hands on a relly nice original Rolling Block #1, I will make up a 20 Gauge shotgun with Modified bore (long throated).  I'll use a traditional brass shotgun type buttplate from TOW and style it with a rib and ramrod (ala muzzleloader).

drinksgin (deceased)

Jay;
Very weird, a few minutes ago, the picture was of a snow covered rifle range and 2 bolt actions.
Is THL still having fits?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Jay Edward (deceased)

I looked for and found the 'inspiration' that got me thinking so long ago.  This sketch was done by Ed Webber and gets me yearning all over again.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: drinksginJay;
 Very weird, a few minutes ago, the picture was of a snow covered rifle range and 2 bolt actions.
 Is THL still having fits?

No telling what those little electrons jiggers are up to Don.  I go with the flow when it comes to computers and if they go belly up... so be it!  I can find something else to do.

As a matter of fact, I would prefer to have the type of computer you see in the Sci-Fi films... where you can speak to it and not have to type anything.  I could work and keep an eye on THL at the same time.

[/size]

gitano

No Don, you're not mistaken. The first image is of Crowkiller's range in Finland. The second is indeed the image Jay intended to post. If I remember correctly the one Jay thought he was posting was one that showed the "allowable" pressure levels for various RB actions. As this thread currently exists, it's kind a 'strange'.

This seems to be the case for a couple of them after the "Crash of '06".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: