Supper

Started by drinksgin (deceased), January 10, 2006, 10:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Just need someone to add some potato salad and beans!
:D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Deerlope

What time did you say dinner would be served?:rolleyes:

RatherBHuntin

Don, did you shoot another pig?  Looks good, now can you make enough for me too?  And if you don't throw some jalapenos out there 'Ol John aint gonna show up.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

drinksgin (deceased)

Glenn;
This is goat and pork, my friendly local goat rancher is wanting me to help him kill some more culls, so I had to clear the freezer.
He gives me at least 1/2 goat,  a whole one if he kills 3-4.
That is over 20lbs of sausage, just how much do I have to fix for you to have some?;D

buckshot roberts

;) Hey, drinksgin thanks for the supper, man that looks good.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Quote from: drinksginGlenn;
This is goat and pork, my friendly local goat rancher is wanting me to help him kill some more culls, so I had to clear the freezer.
He gives me at least 1/2 goat, a whole one if he kills 3-4.
That is over 20lbs of sausage, just how much do I have to fix for you to have some?;D
Ay-yi-yi!  Cabrito y Puerco!  In a sausage...thats a new one on me but it sounds "mucho gusto!!!!!"!  Now where did I put my jalapenos....and my truck keys????

Don, tu eres un diablo, amigo!!!!!  Are you a gonna give a light mesquite smoke to dem goodies????

Ol' John:D :cool:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

drinksgin (deceased)

John;
The picture was taken just after 3 hours of medium temperature smoking over HEB briquets with mesquite with a fist size chunk of hickory added.
I made this sorta mild, 3 tb salt, 2 tb coarse ground black pepper, 1 tb cayenne, 1 tb our pepper , 1 tb sage, 1 tb Modern Cure and 1 tb garlic powder per 10 lb.
The meat is 8 lb goat, actually 6 mo. old Boer doe, 9 lb fresh picnic and 3 lb hard white pork fat.
We had some tonight, the rest is vacuum packed and in the freezer, just in case someone shows up. ;D

Jay Edward (deceased)

OK Don... I found this all at one site... and I haven't a clue what some of it is.  They said: potato salad, spirit beans and hot links & chicken.

Alboy

You guys are killing my diet. It is only 2 hours from here to Drinksgin and I know the town well. My hands are tremblin and I am starting to sweat.

Looks delicious.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

Art;
In the top picture, the links and chicken appear to be the usual BBQ joint stuff, the third pan looks as though it is a casserole, Tuna?
In the bottom picture it appears to be potato salad made with red skin potatoes, cooked with the peals on and plenty of onion and celery.
The beans are a mixture of small soup, great northern and giant lima with some sort of sauce added.
I shall do a search and see if I can find the recipe.
Don, gettin' bigger by the year!

drinksgin (deceased)

Cannot find anything on spirit beans,Yahoo, Google and even 1,000,000 Recipes come up blank.
Sauce looks to be ketchup or tomato sauce base.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Sorry guys... here's the link that led me to the pictures.

http://www.gwiv.com/inspcafe.htm

buckshot roberts

;) Yep you got me on the spirit beans, They do look good.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: