Hunting Camps, Campfires & Views - 5

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), December 13, 2005, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

This one is in the US and must be back East somewhere.  Sorta looks like one of Native American communal lodges.

Dragonfly

Looks like what I see when I visit the Cherokee Village in Cherokee, NC.

There is a camp there you can walk through and see the way the Cherokee lived before they met up with the white man.  The Cherokee and the White man became friends.  Many Cherokee were spared the "Trail of Tears" by the white man taking them in to protect them.

Daryl (deceased)

Looks like it might leak in a rainstorm...or snow? :)

Think I'd rather have a good wall tent and a wood stove!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

From the looks of the back ground trees it's Fall.  And this one has been left alone for a long time.

The Cherokee lived in huts Daryl, not tents.  Made on the order of the one pictured.  Early Cherokee.  Later they became more modernized and build more like houses with bark having stoves for heat and cooking.

"Smokey Mountain Sunshine"...

Daryl (deceased)

Draggy,

Perhaps you'd better read my post again.  I don't think it mentioned indians living in tents?

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

OH MY BAD!!!:D

So you would rather have a tent yourself!!! I gots ya. :D

That works!! LOL!!

Tags: