Idaho hunt

Started by jchunter, December 06, 2005, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchunter

Hey guys/gals,

I am currently planning a do-it-yourself deer hunt in Idaho for 2006. I am consentrating on unit 10A, specifically around Weippe, Pierce and/or Orofino. I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with these areas and would be willing to shed some info. I want to make clear I am not asking for specifics at all, just a good starting point. I started reseaching in September and have compiled quite a bit of info and now want to corroborate with guys/gals in the field. I have hunted out of state 6 times and have planned each one, but any and all info helps. Hope everyone had a good season! Thanks for any help!

JM

ShadowRider

jchunter,
drop Skip (one of our Administrators) a line. He lives up in that area. I've talked to him before about hunting the panhandle area myself. Goodluck on your quest and the hunt.

243riflehunter

JChunter,
Call the state game department and ask for a biologist or a warden in the areas you're looking at.  They've been real helpful to me in CA and WY.

jchunter

Shadowrider/.243

Thanks for taking time and posting a reply. I will send SKIP a PM today. Back in 1994 I planned a hunt in the Riggins/Whitebird area, the biologists were a little tough to get a hold of, but very friendly and helpful when I did speak with them. Right now I'm trying to narrow a specific area with the unit, so now's probably the time to give them a call; next is the ordering of maps. Seems like a long time away, but it will sneak up on me quick.  Thanks again for the suggestions!

JC

243riflehunter

You're right about it being tough getting ahold of them.  They generally work out of their homes and don't give out their phone #'s, you have to wait for a call back.  Also, since the nature of their job tends to be field work in remote areas (ala no cell phone coverage) you have to wait for them to get back to civilization to make thier calls.  But the info is usually worth the wait.  I wish you well in your pursuit!

Chris

Skip

Skip

Jeff

Check out this link http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner

If I was looking for big Mulies I would check out the south eastern part...down in the Owyee area

Northern-Lights

Quote from: SkipJeff

Check out this link http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner

If I was looking for big Mulies I would check out the south eastern part...down in the Owyee area

"Owyee"...........shhhhhhh    My dad lives there.........moved there a few years ago and I've got two friends who live just north of there.  Pretty area....nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there.

Saw a bumper sticker while visiting....it said "Thanks for visiting, now go home!"

Cool......
There are only 3 things that truely matter in life.  God, God\'s word, and the souls of men!!

Job 31:6

Tags: