rabbit hunting

Started by hunter, November 07, 2005, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter

is a 410 a  good gun to hunt rabbit with because i went with my cousin rabbit hunting but were using 22 rifles

Daryl (deceased)

A 410 should work fine for rabbits.  You just have to hold on them a little better than you might with a larger shotgun.

Good luck,
Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

RatherBHuntin

.22 rifles are good too, you just gotta catch them before they start running or bring alot of shells.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

;) Welcome Hunter, I have a winchester model 94-410, 2 1/2 shell cyl bore,ck    outside of squirrel, I've never used it on anyother game, But like Daryl said you will have to hold on them some, After deer season's over I'll try mine on rabbit's and let you know how I do with my 410, be safe and good hunt'n:)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

WHITETAIL HUNTER

I loved my 410 I had on rabbits, it didn't do alot of damage, but the only hold back I remeber was the thick brush:confused: . The 410 just wasn't what I liked in the brush, but it was still good, just a prefence I have.:confused:  Be safe, and if you know the gun well enough it will be perfect. :cool:
Preserve the heritage, take a youth hunting.

Nothing outruns a deer, BUT A MAGNUM :eek:

buckshot roberts

;) Yep Whitetail Hunter, I ran into that with the brush when squirrel season opened with my 410, Rabbit season opens here on the 14th of Nov, I'm go'n to see how I do with it:)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

WHITETAIL HUNTER

It must be a southern thing to be behind:o :rolleyes: , our rabbit season open the last Saturday in Sep.:D

buckshot roberts

:D We just live so fer back in the hills it just takes a little longer to get here;) Yep when I went into the army my dad took me to town to wait on the bus, he ask me how long was I go'n in fer and I said 6 years, he said son I'll just wait on ya' no use make'n two trips:rolleyes:

motor (deceased)

A 410 will get em but a 20 or 12 gauge is a better gun for rabbits the first shotgun i had was a 410 and i killed probably hundreds of rabbits with it..that was back in the 30's and 40's when there were plenty of rabbits..i sold them at a bar and restuarant..they also bought all the coons i could get..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

kombi1976

You have a RABBIT SEASON!! :(
We whack 'em all year round.:D

BTW, a .22LR sure worked well yesterday......

:D
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Daryl (deceased)

We can shoot 'em all year long in Arizona too, so it's not a southern thing to be late.

That said, it's been several years since I shot a rabbit.  Might have to make a hunt when it cools off some.  Daytime temps are still in the high 70's right now, and it hasn't been down below freezing at night yet.  Close a night or two, but not quite frozen.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

;) Kombi1976, nice rabbits, It cooled down this morn'n to 40, after a hard rain last night, it's open from Nov-Jan 31st, after gun season for deer ,I'll be on them.

WHITETAIL HUNTER

Well it's looks like SNOW up here :D  :p , but deer season opens Saturday, after season, I'll be back on the small game. :D :cool:

sav17

Hi all ,

No season inthe uk either see em ,shoot em, eat em.I use a 17 hmr when i,m bunny woofin ;) :DHad a 410 webley when i was a kid my first shotgun,dad gave it me for christmas when i was 10:o little webley and scott bolt action did a great job on the rabbit and the squirrels good tool for the rats as well;) but i now use the 17 hmr a great all rounder for the smaller vermin:D
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

buckshot roberts

;) Hey, Sav.17 good pic's just don't kill out the seed over their, LOL, Old freind I'll be get'n back with you after deer season.

Tags: