Stand Placement

Started by kwaldeier, October 22, 2005, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaldeier

yes i just recently started scouting and found what i think is a good area for a stand.....
it is 2 main trails meeting in front of me and behind me is a stream and an evergreen path to my right...
is this a good spot?
if not how do i know where to put my stand?
it is going to be 4 pallets put together...nothing special....
plus i wanna know how good scent wafers work.....i have some but i dunno if they work or not???????
does n e 1 have n e suggestions on n e other spot i could put it? and 1 other thing.....what is the difference between cow and deer trails....i hope i found a deer trail and not a cow trail.....

Highstand

If you have a climber I would try that first before you go building a stand. This way you can hunt/scout it before you start making big permanent stands.

Highstand

kwaldeier

well my stand is going to be weird...

its gunna be a pallet i am standing on .....well with a chair on it.....

in a hedge tree....
i just need to find a good "y" trreto put it in in that area if that is a good area

M1Garand

From what I see, it looks like it may be a decent spot from the way that trail looks.  With that trail like that it also makes be believe that the evergreens may have been a bedding area in the past and if they start or begin using it more, your spot may get better.  Just be careful in that pallet stand and don't fall out.  Make sure you have a harness or something.

kwaldeier

i put up my cam where the trails intersect...we will see whats there

i cant use a pallet...my mother wont let me....so i dunno what im gunna do yet...and im gunna use a harness

Tags: