Home Made Hunting/Shooting Tools

Started by RatherBHuntin, October 22, 2005, 05:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatherBHuntin

As Buckshot Roberts mentioned, sure would be nice to see what other folks have come up with as far as field expediant or self made accessories.  If you search this topic  there are other threads in it detailing other projects and crafts.  Lets see the collective brain trust show each other how to save a buck and do for themselves.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

;) GOOD SHOW, I'll post all I know,Just after I get me a turkey , It's just to bad that I can't make any money, on my ID"s.:D
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Cover Scents

This is my favorite, cause it works so well.  Take the box, bag or whatever that you keep your hunting gear in, and throw in several handfulls of "stuff".  In Texas I used some dirt, cedar, a few walnuts (smashed) but mostly mesquite beans.  Those beans are not only extremely fragrant when kept in a closed container, but smell pretty good.  

If you have apples in your area, eat one on your way out and stomp or keep your apple core.  

An old man told me once about skunks.  It isn't any worse than fox or racoon urine, and easier to get, as the odds are good you passed a half dozen dead ones on your drive out.  Stop on the side of the road, take a paper towel, q-tip or cotton ball and while pressing ever so gently on the skunks mid section towards the rear rub the swab on the spray that comes out of the gland under it's tail.  Put that swab in a scent bomb and cap it.  About 1 drop will last a year or two.  All you will need to do is just unscrew that scent bomb(or old film canister) just a crack to have all the cover you will want or need.

Cut the tarsal glands from the first buck harvested at camp and use it.  You can use the bladders from the bucks and does as well, though it's a little trickier.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Marlin917VS

I didn't come up with these, but they are a great idea. It's called a bi-fur-pod. It's just a folding bipod made out of two pieces of wood, a bolt, a nut, and a washer. Here's the set I made. Instead of useing leather because I couldn't find any, I used the padded tape you put between a truck bed and a cap, then covered it with electrical tape. If you want instructions, you can go here. http://www.varmintal.com/abifu.htm
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

buckshot roberts

Ghillie suit, home made for $29.38

1. tub of Shoe goo
2. hammock
3. 9 yard of burlap
4. 1 box of green Dye

Now I well be using one of my old
1. hats
2. cammo shirt
3. cammo pants

I know some of you guy's have old cammo, I'm go'n to take pic saturday, to walk you through it as I put it together. I've made these in the past.

gitano

Hey! Let's see how you make this. I LIKE IT!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: