Hey Guys- I'm new!

Started by BuckBox Displays, October 11, 2005, 07:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckBox Displays

Hey everyone!  I am currently an avid hunter living in Oshkosh, WI.  I hunt Buffalo County, Wisconsin, and I'll be posting on this board as much as possible!  Hope to hear from everyone soon! (The pic is of my baby!)

mtsharps

welcome to the T.H.L buck box I hunt the bitteroot valley of montana
we have been bow hunting sents the first part of september have seen a lot of bulls this year seen three last weekend .Rifle starts october 23 to see my muledeer go to muledeer last year 2 page under photo of 2003 buck
hope you enjoy it her good hunting keep

Hunterbug

Welcome aboard. That's a nice buck you got there. I look forward to seeing more pics.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Alboy

Setting the bar kind of high for the rest of your career.

Welcome in, post often. Really nice deer. Spread a little more of the adventure of taking him if you will.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Highstand

Hey welcome to the board. I pass through here every hunting season. The people here are great! I am sure you meet some friends that will stay with you for a lifetime!

Highstand

M1Garand

Welcome to the site.  If I recall isn't Buffalo County one of the largest B & C buck areas around?  So that's probably an average buck there?:D

buckshot roberts

:D Welcome,and congrats, on that buck.;)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Skip

Buck Box

Welcome to the site! Nice buck ya got there.

Vermonster

12 gauge

Yes welcome to THL Buck Box!!

Hope ya enjoy it here!! :D

God bless :cool:
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

BuckBox Displays

Quote from: AlboySetting the bar kind of high for the rest of your career.

Welcome in, post often. Really nice deer. Spread a little more of the adventure of taking him if you will.
Ha--That's what it was--an adventure!  It started off in the summer 4 years ago, me and my dad saw what looked like a big 145-150 class buck in velvet, we both hunted him for 2 yrs, and neither of us saw him hunting, (we only saw him grow every year during the summer-velvet) The year I shot him, he came out in the field, and we both agreed..he was a MONSTER 165-170 Booner.  Hunting season finally came, and on Thanksgiving morning I hadn't seen too much movement, a few does, bambis, but right around 9:00 I looked to my left and noticed some racks approaching about 85-90 yrds down in a ravine.  I'm leaned against a tree with my back to the deer, so I swing around quickly, and notice the 1st buck is a nice 17''-20'' spread type of deer, but behind him in the brush, I notice a towering rack.  Well the first spots me at about 70 yrds, so I am on the 2nd deer through an opening.  I shot, he crashed...I ran down w/ my gun (safety on thank god) and there he was.  I couldn't believe it.  IT WAS HIM!!! And was he HUGE!  I couldn't even slice the date or time on the tag because I was shaking so bad....so I tied it on quickly and drove home as fast as I could..dad's not home-dad's at Kwik Trip, tell mom I Just shot the BOONER!  Left...drove back about 80 mph, wasn't 5 mins after I got in the woods dad was already coming down the woods w/ a huge grin on his face.  He said he drove 90 to get there!...Once he saw it, he knew...and gave me a huge hug.  He almost had tears in his eyes.  We dragged him 300 yrds uphill home, and called up every family member.  Everyone came to see it, and needless to say...it was the GREATEST thanksgiving of my life!

Dragonfly

I'm the mischevious one around here Buckbox.  Welcome to the site.:D

Have a set, prop your feet on the log and we'll knock a tater in the head fer ya.

Enjoy and Have a great time with us!!!

12 gauge

Quote from: DragonflyI'm the mischevious one around here Buckbox. Welcome to the site.:D

Have a set, prop your feet on the log and we'll knock a tater in the head fer ya.

Enjoy and Have a great time with us!!!
Yeah believe me and her she is the michevious one here! Always getting in trouble! And like she says "Trouble is her middle name"! :p

Isn't that right draggy? hehe!

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Dragonfly

Yepper 12ga!!! Dragon Trouble Fly!!!

"We got Trouble right here in River City.  T stands for Trouble and rhymes with P that stands for POOL!!! We got Pool right here in River City"
From the "Music Man" a Rogers and Hamerstein production.

Alboy

Thanks for the story. It makes it even more special. 300 yards up hill both ways, man what a drag.:) ;)
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: