Chicken soup

Started by drinksgin (deceased), October 09, 2005, 06:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Ladies, do not read this, this is a sexist posting!
There are 2 kinds of chicken soup, the Ladies version, a can of 100% fat free chicken stock, you know, where they don't even make the chicken use soap, just what soaks off their feet as they wade through, put a 6 0z can of chicken with this, bring to a boil, add rice or noodles, cook until tender, serve with toast fingers and a sprinkle of parsley on top.
THEN, there is Men's chicken soup!
Put a whole chicken in a 4qt. pot with salt, pepper, onion and celery, simmer until done, remove chicken, strain stock.
Remove skin and bones from chicken ,cut meat in 1" dice, set aside.
Place 4 peeled potatoes, diced in a 1" dice, one onion, chopped, a couple sticks of chopped celery, salt, pepper, some of Venie's special dried pepper, 1/3 cup each of lentils, split peas and barley and enough water so it will not run dry, bring to a boil, simmer until the peas and barley are tender, add chicken and simmer another 15 minutes.
Serve with a skillet of corn bread slathered with cow butter.
:D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

buckshot roberts

:D Hey that sounds to good, thank's for post'n the " HE-MAN ";) Chicken soup.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Dragonfly

Now Wait just a gosh darn minute!!! Drinksgin I'm, I'm, I'm...oh heck I don't know what I am but I'm something at you...sexist indeed!!!

I use the man recipe.  You guys wouldn't have the man's recipe if yours momas hadn't cooked chicken soup the way you do.

SHEEZ!!! Do I have to get my big bad bat out!!!!:D

drinksgin (deceased)

DF;
Actually, I have this recipe because my mother, and her mother, used the Ladies recipe, I hated chicken soup until I started making my own.

buckshot roberts

;) Ah-huh, she's just try'n to say she is still  a young chick:rolleyes:
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Dragonfly

Humm what's become of woman kind????

If I'm doing chicken soup or chicken and dumplin's it for real all the way!!! Even the dumplins.  I make something almost like a cat head for dumplin's.

Now this is a sad state of affairs when a man has to larn to make his own chicken soup!!! :eek:

gitano

QuotePut a whole chicken in a 4qt. pot with salt, pepper, onion and celery, simmer until done, remove chicken, strain stock.

I'm confused... you didn't say anything about straining the feathers or gutting the chicken? Is that what makes it macho?

:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Doing those things are optional, depends on how much flavor you want!

buckshot roberts

I hope it's not made by these guy's

Dragonfly

Tags: