Regarding Big Cats

Started by Dragonfly, October 08, 2005, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Do the big cats go into hibernation during the cool/cold season?
I have a reason for asking.
And I hope I have come to the right place. :D

Daryl (deceased)

No, the big cats don't hibernate draggy.

Pretty much, cats are cats.  Big cats have pretty much the same habits as the little ones.  They're just bigger!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

Thanks Daryl.
But do they bed up at night, not eating or drinking just sleeping???

Say like around 6pm my time?
My "beast" as Paul so delicately put it is doing this.  I was just wondering if it's OK.

I want my "beast" to be healthy.

Daryl (deceased)

Draggy,

Normally, cats go on the prowl at night, and tend to lay around more in the day; or that's been my experience.

Of course, if the cat is active during the day, it might well be tired and need the rest?  If all else seems well, I don't think I'd worry about it.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

Thanks Daryl and I tend to forget he's just a kitten.  And he's very active all  day long. Even aroused a deer today and had her moving.

And when he runs he overstrides and he seems to be running all day.  We live in the woods with a creek running around the property and he's a busy boy during the day.

I have him on vitamins, per vets recommendation and make sure he has plenty to eat and he eats like a horse plus all he eats when he is on the prowl.

I'd say you are right...my poor baby is just tired and ready to call it a day by 6pm.  We are cooler here than is usual for this time of year.  He never wanted to come in so early before and I just wondered.
Just a different sort of happening than normal for my big baby. LOL!!!
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

BuckBox Displays

Speaking of cats, my buddy filmed a mountain lion in Wisconsin 2 yrs ago, and he took the video to the DNR for confirmation...and they told him they'd get back to him.   The next day, he went to see what they found, and they said, "They never received a tape"  Makes you wonder what the DNR is really up to!

Tags: