Bad Experience please read

Started by inpursuit, October 05, 2005, 12:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inpursuit

Tried to buy a gunsafe from Sportsmans Steel Safe Company. Gave a deposit in March and received a voice message to send the balance and the safe would be sent along about May. Tried to call them several times and their phone was cut off I was told for non payment. Finally contacted them after their phone service was reinstalled they couldn't find my paperwork. Boy am I glad I didn't send them anymore money. I told the sales rep to just cancel my order and send me my money back. Said he would check and I would get a call from the owner the next day. Six months later after I had written them several letters and finally contacting the attourney general of California they responded. I just got off the phone with the son of the owner he told me there is no way he is going to send my deposit back to me. I promised him free advertizing.

I posted this here just because it seems everyone reads this forum. I am not saying don't do business with them I just wanted you to know of my experience.

BTW he told me he would send me a safe if I would just send him $3000. LOL.

Vermonster

Sorry to hear about that.... Where in California are you?  I live down in San Diego.  Anyway, welcome to THL!!!!!  

Dragonfly

inpersuit!! Seems all the service folks are going bananas.  I had a simular experience today with Discover!!!

I was calling them to make payment.  Took me three hours to get finally to someone who could accept payment, then was told phone payments were $15.
I paid by phone last month in about 5 mintues and no charge. SHEEZ!!!

And the funny thing I got this before I spoke with any human and they were many. "this customer service is being taped to be sure our customers receive adequate service"...OOPS!!! Did I get good service???  Man I chewed up and spit out one gal.

Now, am I gonna get a customer recomendation service call??? uweuweuwe!!!:D

buckshot roberts

:( It's get'n bad, with some companys ;) ,  Hey you know all that trouble i had with my e-bay, Someone try'd it again last night, Ande with the investigation team got with me this morn'n, Has someone got'n in their system,:frown. We had this account as of 1996.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Dragonfly

Buckshot there must be someone mad at you on Ebay.  And I have to admit I've had some problems with people.  I've banned some from my Ebay site.  I've been spoofed and even had a trojan horse sent to me.

I did everything Ebay asked though the customer service and so far nothing else has happened to my site.

Follow the directions customer service gives you to the letter Buckshot.  Give them everything they need to get your intruder.
And they will get them.  They have mine and they will yours.

buckshot roberts

:confused: Why, I just gave two bad feedbacks, But It's was for items I did not get, dvd's, At $7.00 each, This was back in the spring, just said I did not get the items, Hey I had 3 Trojan's on this  thing today, Norton got'm.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Dragonfly

Report all this to Ebay Buckshot.  They are excellent in stopping this kind of thing.

I've dealt with them and gave them everything they asked me to give...and they handled it all.

By the hootie do you know who the President of Ebay is????

It's a trick question Buckshot. :D

Dragonfly

Well...talk about bad experiences.  I had a Whopper Friday afternoon.

I only went to the Post office to send off some Ebay before the holiday began.

Now I'm a lady and a Southern Belle to boot but don't mess with me!!!:D

I didn't go to my usual post office I went to the one closest to me.  I was in a hurry to get things in the mail.  And I'm here to tell ya folks. I was verbally abused at the post office.  All I asked for was the cheapest insurance for my packages..then I get a barage of questions, not the typical questions like liquids, etc but more personal questions like: what's the value of the item?
How much did it cost? Do you have the right address? What's in the box?
Well I was beginning to get just a little hair eyeballed.  But it got worse!!!

THen and then...the gal noticed I didn't have my home address in the return box...I only had our name and city and zip code. DUH!!! So she made me put an address.  I put John's business address just to satisfy her.  And I got...THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME ADDRESS!!! WHOSE ADDRESS IS THIS!!! SHEEZ!!! She's screaming at me by this point.

I asked the boxes be marked fragile.  She refused.  Ah HA!!!
There were two people working this particular post office.  The other person was a man and he closed his window just as I arrived there.  People were lining up to be waited on and he was just standing there doing nothing.

So I said in my most sweet Southern Belle voice to the man.  "Aren't you going to wait on these folks before you close?" It was 3:15p.  He said nothing.  And did not wait on the other customers.

But my saga continued.
The gal gave me the cost of my mailings. I wrote a check..I have an account just for Ebay and Pay Pal.  She looked at my check and said "this check is illegall!!!" HUH? Now wait just one gosh darn minute gal.  These checks if you will notice are from a military institution. And they are illegal?...give me a break!!!!
Then she started well I need ID...I had my drivers liscense in my hand.  But was she suited...NO!! She asked for my birthday, my street address, my phone number,etc..I was beginning to think my SS# was coming up!!
She had my drivers liscense number and the only number I thought she should have so I refused to give her any other numbers...and she went BANANAS!!! Berserk!!!!
By this time I was soooo mad I was shaking!!!  So I let them both have it..
You've verbally abused me here today. And you standing over there not waiting on customers who do you think you are??? And you won't hear the end of this!!!!
I have friends in high places and you will BE DEALT with by next week!!!
You don't know who your fooling around with HERE!!! I left them with facial expressions of Shock and Awe!!!

But they will hear about this!!!
I came home and called the National Postal Service and reported verbal abuse.  I emailed my great friend whom I love so much and told him the story.
He emailed me back and said someone is going to loose their job.
And told me where and who to contact.  The Labor Department.  And I did.
But I ain't finished yet!!!!:D  I was also told to talk to the Post Master in our area.  And I will Tuesday if I live and the creeks don't rise. :eek:

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!! I can get nasty and go to high places. I may be a lady but don't rise my dander up!!!
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff!!! :rolleyes:

buckshot roberts

;) Yep, the post office is a joke sometimes. Last FEB, I sold A shotgun from gunsamerica.com to this guy in the state of Indiana, The young lady at this small post office, was very helpful, told me it would be their by saturday after 6.a.m, Call'ed the guy, told him he can pick it up sat, He called me sat, said it's not here, huh, check monday, called monday not here, this go's on for five day's, I still have this guy's $800.00 check, So I call tommy are post master, He said that it's show'n by track'n number it at the post office, I have call'ed this post office each day for 5 day's, It's not here,  I'm mad now, that I call :frown cincinnati ohio, were I get an inspector for the post office, He call's me back, now that shotgun has been under a table for 5 day's, In indiana, were no one has seen it, I gave the 4 day's to look over the browning, Before I give his money back, He keep's it, say's it's ok.

Tags: