Re: Flu shots!!!! Listen up folks!!!

Started by Dragonfly, October 05, 2005, 04:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Be sure and get your flu shot this year.  It's not the typical flu shot!!! My doc told me yesterday when I went for my flu shot docs are requried to give the flu shot whether their patients want them or not.  So as patients are being seen they are getting the flu shot.

SO make an appt and go for it folks.
I've had a little more reaction than normal but nothing to be concerned about.  My arm feels like I've had a tetnus shot!!! Hurts and a little swelling..so only have the shot in the arm you do not use so much.  Like I'm right handed so I had mine in my left arm.

Oh and by the way all the drug stores are giving them too!! So you don't have to go to the docs office.  My insurance pays for a flu shot for John and me both so we get them every year.  Drug stores do not file for your insurance.

"GET HER DONE FOLKS"

Alboy

Ahead of you Draggy, got mine Monday. $20 well spent. No proof but I seem to have fewer colds and sinus problems too.

Sore arm, you have to relax that muscle honey.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Hunterbug

Quote from: DragonflyMy doc told me yesterday when I went for my flu shot docs are requried to give the flu shot whether their patients want them or not.
Draggy, as a nurse you know that they can not do that. If the patient does not want it and the doctor procedes against their wishes then that is assult and battery and the doc can, and will be sued, charged with criminal offences and probably lose their license. The flu shot is a good idea for alot of people. I personally couldn't tell you the last time I had one. I also couldn't tell you the last time I missed a day of work because I was sick.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Dragonfly

Well you know most docs have a good bedside manner..LOL!!!

And if a patient refuses the shot they have to sign a wavier.   And the wavier relieves the doc and the government of any responsibility if the patient ends up with something bad.

Alboy.  I know how to relax to take a shot.  I give myself shots and it's not insulin..deep muscle shots so I can relax.  In fact I didn't feel anything when the shot was given.  Today my arm is a little less sore but it's still there.  Not one of these soreness you can work off.

All I'm saying is Everyone GET THIS FLU shot...no if's, no ants, no butters.

There's plenty of the flu vaccine for this year and be good to yourself!!!

And your right Alboy.  I have a lot less colds and sinus trouble taking the flu shot every year.  I've been taking them for about 15 years without fail.  Had the flu one year and I promised Jesus if he would let me live I would take a flu shot every year and I have lived up to my promise.

M. R. Byrd

I have taken flu shots for the last ten years, with the exception of last year when the vaccine was short. I really think they helped me with colds and viruses, although last year I was really healthy without it. I have always taken a lot of vitamins and I think they helped some along with good hand washing. This year I have started on a new program and I hope it helps this winter. I really don't like to be sick. I will be getting my 90 year old mother in for her flu shot and hope to get mine at the same time. Thanks for the reminder.

I wish you all good health this year.

Maynard
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Dragonfly

Good for you MR.  The flu shot is a must this year!!! I get bulletins from the CDC and there is much in the flu shot this year besides the flu.  Many viri are contained in this years flu shot.  Our President has gone to the max to see the people of our country are safe.  He was the one who got the ball rolling on this years vaccine.  And made sure enough was made for everyone.

After you take your flu shot go home and take 2 tylenol and repeat 4 hours later if you are feeling any aching anywhere.  Course I goofed this year...I went shopping instead of coming straight home and getting my tylenol.

Mrs Magoo at your service!!!:rolleyes:

Highstand

and....... get it done before their is a shortage!

Highstand

Daryl (deceased)

The last time I took a flu shot, I ended up with the flu three times that winter.  I haven't taken a flu shot in 9 (?) years, and I've only had the flu once...a minor stomach flu that only lasted about 24 hours.

I wash my hands a lot, don't rub my face after opening doors, pushing shopping carts, etc, and I use a LOT of hand sanitizer.  A doc told me once that if you don't want to get the flu or a cold, don't go within 6 feet of anyone infected, and don't touch anything an infected person might have touched.  Since that's not possible, I take the next best solution (IMO); just stay clean.

After all, prevention is always the best cure.

Daryl

BTW Draggy:  Since when has the government or doctors taken any responsibility for someone catching the flu?
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

Daryl,

We not talking about just the flu here.  And there is a flu shot for every American so they aren't going to run out.

This is a first Daryl but we are living in dangerous times.  And according to the CEC the President has done this for us!!! All Americans citizens or not.

I used to be like you Daryl..every time I took the flu shot I got pneumonia from the flu shot.  They have improved the shot through the years and now I don't get the flu...I'm just a little achy and tylenol helps with the achy breaky. Just lasts about 24 hours.

So please don't be stubborn about this.  Take this years Flu shot!!! PLEASE!!!

We sure don't want to lose you because you refused to take the Flu shot!!!

And then take the pneumonia shot..just to be safe for sure!!! One shot every 5 years.  Easy!!!

You know how handy I am with a baseball bat????:D

motor (deceased)

I got mine to weeks ago...better to be safe than sorry.. for those of you that are afraid to get the flu shot,
  It's a myth that getting a flu shot will give you the flu. The vaccine contains a small amount of dead flu virus, which stimulates your immune system to fight off the real flu.
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Dragonfly

Yep you are right motor.  The flu shot these days does not give you the flu.

I got an update today from the CDC.  If I can figure out how to copy and paste about the flu shot and not get the whole thing including the Katrina fall out and other issues involving Katrina.  And not have to go deleting a long, long story.

I've been surprised I haven't been called up for Katrina.  But they have to pay me and they asked for volunteers and I was sure not going to volunteer.

YOU GO MOTOR!!!!

And I..owe you an email.  I'll get right on it!!:D

Daryl (deceased)

Now, I never said that the flu shot gave me the flu.  It was actually a month or so after the shot that I got the first case of it.  That said, it sure didn't help me any!  

I'm not afraid of a shot draggy; not in the least.  I just don't believe that it's going to save me from anything.  Since that winter that I DID take it, I'm just a lot more careful about who I come in contact with, and I keep my home, truck, hands, and face clean!  It works for me because I just don't get sick when I do my part to stay away from the bugs.

There is really no way that they can insure that you won't get the flu.  The immunize you against some strains of it, and anything you're not vaccinated against can still get you.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Dragonfly

Daryl, I'm not talking about just the Flu.  keep that in mind!!!

The most flu like thing I have had since I started taking flu shots 15 years ago was minor stomach upsets.

Now I have nothing.  And add the pneumonia shot and I'm virus free.

But I will tell you this much without breaking any confidences....get the flu shot!!! There are things in the flu shot that will protect your life!! We are living in dangerous times.  Maybe you in AZ don't think we are living in dangerous times and think you might get off scott free from any thing...but no one is safe.  No state or city is safe.

The CDC site wouldn't let me copy and paste.  I would have to give the whole site page.  There are things in there for members only.

motor (deceased)

Daryl, i know what you posted and i wasn't directing my post at you at all..i have had a lot of people say they were afraid to take it for fear of getting the flu..you are right it does not make you immune to all the flu but if you do get it, you won't get as sick as you would without it..so folks look on the bright side, it can't hurt to get your shot, especially the older folk and those with low immune system..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Dragonfly

Well I can tell it now.  It was on Fox news this morning.

The Avian flu is going to be pandemic.  As is the West Nile virus.  These two particular viri are included in the flu shot by Executive Order!!!

Our supply was low last year because our President wanted these things added.  But by gosh he got them added for this year!!!

YOU GO GEORGE!!!

"GET HER DONE!!!"

What are we going to do without George after this term? A democrat senator Byrd asked this morning.  Can you believe it???

There is more but I'll let you digest this first.

Tags: