Albino Fawn

Started by M1Garand, September 29, 2005, 05:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1Garand

I got these pictures in email and thought they were pretty cool.  Here's the story that went with it, if it's true, kinda sounds like some well meaning people took a fawn when they should have probably left it alone:

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetime experience!
Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a
lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer.
Just hours old, but doing fine. No Mama deer around. Another car nearly hit
it in front of Mark...

Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever seen. And such a 'freak of
nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his
bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called
the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to
a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along with...

So, one of Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly I called him and told him the deal. He came right over, of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in captivity
somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho.
but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But,here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe  lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

Antler3

Well isn't that little thing cute ! We are allowed so many deer to keep, from the wild, here in my parts. I don't recomend it, after talking with several who have raised them. They are just not meant to be pets. Even after being hand raised, when they get older, they are unpredictable and can be dangerous. Especially the bucks during breeding season. My neighbor raised a buck from a fawn and he got to where they couldn't even enter the pen with him. He had a little doe in with him. Something frightened her and she ran into the wire pen and broke her neck. I just don't think they make good pets. Thanks for sharing the pictures and story, enjoyed them :).
ANTLER 3

BuckBox Displays

I saw that in the same email!  They are about the coolest pics I've seen in a long time.  Thanks for sharing with everyone!

Vermonster

Check out this page. It has this photo, along with one on a step (Seen it already), and two of a black fawn and a fawn and dog, which I have never seen. Really neat.

http://www.greenapple.com/~jorp/amzanim/aq01.htm

Antler3

Thanks for sharing those ! How neat ! And the black one has blue eyes !
ANTLER 3

WHITETAIL HUNTER

Quote from: VermonsterCheck out this page. It has this photo, along with one on a step (Seen it already), and two of a black fawn and a fawn and dog, which I have never seen. Really neat.

http://www.greenapple.com/~jorp/amzanim/aq01.htm
I harvested a 5 pntr in 1998 that was black, I have to say that they still taste the same though ;) :p . I'll look for the pics tonoght, hopefully I can find them.  :confused:
Preserve the heritage, take a youth hunting.

Nothing outruns a deer, BUT A MAGNUM :eek:

Vermonster

Quote from: WHITETAIL HUNTERI harvested a 5 pntr in 1998 that was black, I have to say that they still taste the same though ;) :p . I'll look for the pics tonoght, hopefully I can find them.  :confused:
In Vermont???  I've seen some that were a very dark grey, but nothing I would call black.  Would be neat to see the photos....

Highstand

A Very cool fawn! Wish I could have as a pet!

Highstand

Tags: