Living Water

Started by motor (deceased), September 15, 2005, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor (deceased)

Only Living Water can quench the driving thirst of the soul.

9Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

10Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

11The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

12Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

13Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:    
   14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.   John 4:9-14   KJV.

I remember back when in was child, yeh i can still remember that far back,:) we didnt have any water and my brother and i had to to grandpa's every day and draw water and carry it back home..then when i was about sixteen we decided to dig a well or i should say a cistren to hold water..well imagine working for weeks digging and after it got so deep , having to lift the dirt out with a rope and bucket..then one day you get it done and get it filled with water but in a short time the water leaks out..:frown  think about, this is a picture of the futility in our efforts trying to find satisfaction in life..some go to the well of John barleycorn seeking that satisfaction and yes they find it for awhile but then the well goes dry and the happiness is gone..some go to the well of drugs, some seek it in sex and the list goes on and each time the well goes dry and the satisfaction is gone..what about you my dear friend, are you seeking that satisfaction in all the wrong places?  if so go to the well of living water that Jesus talks about in verse 14 of our text, stoop down on your knees and receive a drink of that Living Water that flows freely from Jesus..take it from an old man who has been there, it will bring joy and peace to a troubled heart and it will satisfy your needs..only God can satisfy your heart, everything else will dissappoint and deceive you..

have a great wek rest of the week and tell someone about Jesus..:)
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Kit

Living Water is part of the domain name of one of the Christian Education websites I'm making.

:-)

Love these verses!

thanks, Motor!

Tags: