Priming Powder

Started by Arrowstorm, September 13, 2005, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrowstorm

Hey guys. Does anyone know the first place to look for priming powder? A couple of places around New Orleans said they have it during muzzleloading season, but uh... we all know what's going on in new orleans right now. You can't even get into the city. I'm in Baton Rouge right now. I have tried looking online, but have found nothing in or around this city. Does anyone know where I can get 4F priming powder from online, maybe? Or somewhere close to me? Within 100 miles hopefully?

Buz
If you and your friend are being chased through the woods by a bear, remember one thing. You don\'t have to run faster than the bear. You only have to run faster than your friend.

Alboy

Well you should be able to get it online at Dixie or Track of the wolf, Cheaper than dirt caries some BP stuff.

Take one charge worth for your rifle and pour into small glass or ceramic dish, using a glass or wood pestal (stick) crush the 2F down to a fine grain. Makes your own 4F.

Just be sure to do a little at a time. Accidental discharge is possible. In the field I have used the cap to my percussion box and my ram rod. Brass works too.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

quigleysharps4570

www.grafs.com has it. They're out of Missouri. Course their minimum order is 4lbs., plus $20 hazmat.

Arrowstorm

I appreciate the link, quigley. I"m gonna put in an order as soon as I can actually get mail to my house. 4 pounds is sufficient. Does anyone have any suggestions on how/where to store it? I mean... except for the "givens". Cool, dry place. Away from heat or anthing that could cause a spark.... anything else?

Buz
If you and your friend are being chased through the woods by a bear, remember one thing. You don\'t have to run faster than the bear. You only have to run faster than your friend.

Oldtimer

Arrowstorm,

I use an old round metal insulated water cooler, the kind with the spout at the bottom and a round lift off lid. Aprox size 12" across and 24" high.  Works well.

OLdtimer
Legends die when dreams end
When dreams end there is no more greatness.

Oldtimer

Tags: