Bullet casting set up

Started by Alboy, October 23, 2004, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

She is not really elaborate but I have taken quite a few head of game with the bullets off this set up. :D
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Jay Edward (deceased)

Well Alboy...my setup is much more sophisticated than yours.  My lead pot is older and I've rebuilt my Coleman stove twice.  Of course...mine does look ratty compared to yours buttttt...it has more panache!

drinksgin (deceased)

Alboy;
A Lee mold?
I thought sure you would have an 1890 Lyman off E-Bay [ at only $3-400 dollars], wife still has some input, huh? ;}
I have 14 Lee molds, one Kirkland, one Lyman and one RCBS, I like everything but the RCBS.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Alboy

:cool:  

Good eye Jay. This actually is the fourth stove. First was loaned out to go camping in Florida about '74 and never found its way home. Two more are sitting up on the shelf out of sight, they both need rebuilding garage sale specials both. But the fourth one here belongs to my oldest boy and why rebuild when I can just use his. :cool:

You have me on the pot though. It is not more than 30 years old so a relative youngin.:p

Drinksgin, some imput:rolleyes:

Every time I go to buy one of these thhings it winds up being the lesser price everytime. Fortunately those are Lees and work admirably.

I have found the muffin pan makes much more useable ingots than the old cornbread stick pan. Sit flatter for storage and mlet better in my pot.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

I like the muffin tins too.
About 90% full , the regular size I have makes about a 2lb muffin, easy to keep track of about how much left before I have to go scrounge ww's somewhere and makes it easy to add some Tin.
I also test each muffin after 3 days and write the BHN# on them with a magic marker.
I have had good results with Lee molds, only one had to be sent back, one cavity cast just fine, over 250 good bullets from it, the other cavity never made even one good bullet, but sent it in and got a new, tested mold back in 10 days, nothing wrong with that.
Looks as though you robbed a pinball machine for those balls you are showing in BP.
Have fun, Don

Noyb72

I've allways used an electric hot plate. They don't last much more than a year, but they only cost 10 bucks. All my molds are lee and thay cast beutifull as long as I warm them up and do everything else right.

drinksgin (deceased)

notb72;
You need to hit some garage sales, the last 2 I picked up were $1 and $1.50;]
Don

Tags: