Uberti Millenium Six Shooter in 45LC

Started by teddy12b, July 19, 2005, 05:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddy12b

Has anyone else ever seen these?  This looks like it would be a really fun gun to practice with.  The Gander Mountain in town was selling these for $225 brand new!  I know it not anything special but if it shoots straight who cares.  It's definitely old school to the point where I would keep one of the cylinders empty for the pin.

Has anyone ever heard anything about these revolvers being unsafe?

Has anyone heard anything about the accuracy of these revolvers?

Does anyone already own one, or have some experience with them?

They are in the cabelas catalog for $275 too.

teddy12b

Here are some pictures I found on the internet.

drinksgin (deceased)

I am not into Eytalian revolvers, read too many reviews of the cap and ball cheapies.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Marlin917VS

My dad is getting that gun.  We just got a 45 auto so it's going to be a little longer before we get it, but my dad saw the ad in gander mountain a while ago and decided he wanted one.  I got to hold one there, it feels pretty nice.  

Later
Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Rick

I've got the "regular" Uberti - case-hardened frame, nice blueing and with a 5 1/2-inch barrel.   It's a good shooting gun.

teddy12b

Rick,
          Do you feel comfortable enough with it to use it for hunting?

Rick

Within the limitations of a fixed sight, "normal" .45 Colt - yes, I'd hunt with it.  Remember that it is a clone or copy of the original Colt and that it cannot shoot shot loads like you could out of a Ruger Blackhawk.   I would use my Ruger Bisley for serious hunting.   The range of the Uberti would also be governed by how far you can hit a pie plate or similar-sized target with the sights on it.  With my old eyes, that may only be about 30-40 yards.   They do not come with target sights.

Brithunter

Hi All,

Just my little opinion here, but you have to remember that not all the Italian guns are cheaply or shoddily/poorly made even in the replicar department. I have one of the original replicars that Val Foget of Navy Arms had made back in the late 1960's in fact the proof marks date mine to 1968. t's a .36 Cap'n'Ball with brass frame and has Reb Navy on it's 5" barrel. here is still good case colour hardening on the rammer and some slightly visable on the hammer. According to  Toby Bridges these were made for Navy Arms by a Berretta sub contractor, and Berretta is still the oldest gun making firm in the world.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: