binocular chest strap

Started by varmint hunter, July 05, 2005, 08:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varmint hunter

a binocular chest strap. Does anyone have one? are they good. When i go hunting and the binoculars are around my neck they tend to bounce around a little and these chest straps help to position them in a good place. Are they worth it and whats the cost?

M1Garand

I have one, and what I like about it is its elastic so after it's adjusted , when you aren't looking through the binos, it holds them to your chest so they aren't bouncing around like they would with a normal strap.  I think I paid something like $20-30 or so for them.

Hunterbug

I have one of the Cabelas ones and I love it. My binoculars are 10X50 Nikons and the strap takes the weight off of your neck and stops the thumping and makes them alot more comfortable to carry.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Mark R

I also have one. I'm pretty sure it was less than $20. Work pretty good with my 10x40s. I saw them on TV and figured they looked like they'd work . I think they're Crooked Horn Outfitters or something.

Mark
marktx

m gardner

The ones I have are from Cabelas for about $20. They work just like the ads say which is refreshing. The only trouble I have is you need to remove them to shoot prone or low crawl. Regular bino straps are easy on and off or you can throw them over your shoulder. God bless and good hunting.

Mark

sav17

I just tuck mine in my coat,but i have seen them in the cabelas catologue look like a good piece of kit,anybody tried the double rifle sling,the one that carries your rifle like a back pack?
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

varmint hunter

sounds like they are a good piece of work. may need to get one. Thanks fellas

Jay Edward (deceased)

I use a length of parachute cord tied on to the binocular strap in back.  I thread it though my belt loop in back and adjust the cord/strap so that the binouculars just swing up to my eyes.  When not in use I tuck them inside my hunting vest  (hunter orange required) to keep them out of the rain, snow and having the eyepieces covered with bits of tree needles or bark.

I also have some that fold up and fit in my shirt pocket for bowhunting.

CuzTheyFly

They also work great for carrying bigger camera in the field! I think u will like them...

ghostrider_tx

Howdy

My set is from Swarovski Optik and I really  enjoy using them. Not sure what they cost-----I won them as part of a door prize package at a Friends of the NRA banquet. They work great for binos,cameras or rangefinders.          Jack
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Benefactor Life NRA member

Tags: