Pre birthday supper

Started by drinksgin (deceased), July 02, 2005, 03:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Fresh, boiled shrimp, pan fried potatoes with bacon grease, a small amount, with home grown red shallots and a fresh out of the garden, slip stem, Hale's Best cantaloupe, cold and yellow to the rind.
Still a growing boy, just out now, rather than up.
Don:D :cool:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Alboy

Well have a Happy there old boy.

Sounds like a real tasty meal to me. Except I have no idea what a slip stem is.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

Al;
I take it you do not raise cantaloupe, the cantaloupe is fully ripe when a gentle sideways pressure on the stem makes it slip out of the socket on the cantaloupe with no tugging or pulling.
Watermelon are fully ripe when the bottom is yellow and the little tendril, twirler ,next to the stem is dried up.

Alboy

Drinksgin

You pegged me.

The last try got these results.

18 tomato plants, no tomatoes at all. Planted them in fornt of a dryer vent. The little fellas would green out then cook and fall off. :p

24 each Yellow squash, cucmber. zuchini the neighbors harvested, I did get a few to old and tough to eat.

Same to a lesser number of watermelon and cantaloupe. From your information I can at least hope they got a stomachache.  :D

20 or so okra plants that produced so much I froze all I could, gave it away and hoped that the theives would get some more. Finally I turned them under and kept the volunteers mown down. :eek:

20 or so giant sun flowers did very well. Daughter wanted them because she thought and still thinks they are pretty. Must say the dove harvest out of my back yard was very good that year. May be I should plant some more of those.

I now subscribe to the theory "It is never too late to cultivate your local gardener"   :D  :D  :D  :D
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

tn.varmit

130 mater plants = 2 ripe maters so far  Two rows of  Okry  jest startin to bud.
Seven rows of candy corn startin to tassle and silk.
Two rows of 1/2 white runners ready to pick. Two rows of bush beans not bloomed as of yet.
Watermellon plants pitiful from lack of rain.........cukes bought the same way
several nanner pepper plants producin along wiff sweet bells.
6 crook neck plants producin.  Zukes ain`t produin yet.
unyuns doin good  cabbage ready to pick   broccolli producin.
Finally got some much needed rain. I`m really thankful  for it even if  I did have to load and haul a washer and dryer in the rain.

Y`all have a good un.

drinksgin (deceased)

Here is today's take, the cantaloupes weighed 5, 5 and 5lb 4oz.:D
We really need some help, already have a gallon of cut up cantaloupe in the ref.

Antler3

Mmmmm! Can't beat garden fresh food. And to top it off the work behind it is rather pleasant. Thanks for sharing ya'll !
ANTLER 3

Antler3

Have a wonderful Birthday Gin'.
ANTLER 3

motor (deceased)

I have tomatoes, potatoes, peppers hot and mild, squash, silver queen sweet corn, onions, pigeon peas, pole and bush beans, cantelope, collards, cukes, egg plant, okra, papayas, banana, navel orange and tangerine trees..next month i will be planting my fall garden..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Kit

Happy birthday!  thanks for the cantaloupe info!  I'm on my way over to help with the garden ;-)

drinksgin (deceased)

I have discovered I already have some help, I found 5 tomatoes and 2 cantaloupe with clear marks of buck teeth, ran a swamp rabbit out twice, the rabbit has good taste, BUT, if this keeps up, I may find out how good it tastes too.;D

gitano

Izzit really yore burfday? Ha! Yore still older'n me!

Hope you and Venie have a great day with many returns.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: