In Memory Of An Angel

Started by Daryl (deceased), October 21, 2004, 08:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl (deceased)

Some of you that have been here a while will remember Wolf Angel Lorrie, who joined this forum a couple of years ago.   She was a regular poster, and was well liked by those who got to know her.  I believe that health issues kept her away of late, but we traded occasional e-mails from time to time.  Though I never met her in person, I considered her a friend.  She was always eagar and willing to help others in any way she could, and seemed to have a heart of gold.

After attending the funeral of one of my hunting buddies yesterday, it was with great sadness that I recieved an e-mail from Lorrie's daughter tonight.  I'm going to send a link back to her daughter to this thread, and I hope that those of you who remember Lorrie will post your thoughts and sympathies.  

Perhaps it will help comfort Lorrie's family in some small way.

Here is the e-mail I recieved:

Hello, This is lorrie's Daughter Amanda. I am sending the e-mail to everyone on my mothers list. My mother went into the hospital 10 days ago with a serious illness, The illness cam on out of no where, causing many problems. And after her fighting for 10 days straight... she lost the battel. At 10:50 am Oct 21.. My mother passed away. I know she has left an impact in some way or form. She will always be in our hearts and i hope as well as all of your. She had a heart of and angel. And i guess God needed another angel. If you have any responds please do, as we will keep this account open for a while longer. Thank you. And God bless.

The Rivette Family
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

:(

I Share your sentiments Az.....
I had occasion to read Lorrie's posts & see her artwork. It makes me sad to hear the news.

If you get the chance please relay our thoughts & prayers to her family from everyone she touched on here.

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

My sympathies to the Rivette family.  I also saw many of her posts and saw that she was a good hearted woman and was very well liked and respected.  Her memory will live on.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

motor (deceased)

I am so sorry to hear this..your mother was a wonderful person. I remember when she first came here and the great impression she made on us all..
 Yes we will mourn her passing on but we will also have joy in our hearts knowing she is in a far better place now and knowing that someday we too will be with her..It is my prayer that the God of all comfort will reach down his loving arms and draw you close to him and comfort you all as only He can..
 Amanda, you and the rest of the family are in my prayers..God Bless you all..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Dragonfly

Oh MY...I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I often spoke to Lorrie and we talked about meeting together in our travels.

My prayers are with you and your family!!!

My God Bless you in your hour of need and support!!!

RavenBeauty

I am just stunned. Here below is Lorrie's signature she used which reflected who she was to us here at the forum .... I don't have the words to say how much of a loss this is to all of us and cannot imagine the heartbreak the Rivette family must be going thru. If any of Lorries family is reading this, please know how much she blessed us with her words and friendship. We were lucky to have her here and will miss her deeply. Our tears, and prayers are enjoined with yours.

As az said.. in memory of an angel.... We love you Lorrie

ShadowRider

Our sympathies go out to you and your family, Amanda. Lorrie was well liked on THL and held in high regard. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We are proud to have had Lorrie as a member of our little family and honored that she thought enough of us to choose to be a part of our little group. We will miss her.

Alboy

My sincerest condolences.

Wolf Angel was one of my favorite to visit with, a wonderful Lady. She was and is Loved by many.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Hunterbug

:( I'm sorry to hear this. I guess that all I can say is that I'm sure that God is watching over her.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Skip

I too am deeply saddened by this news. Please forgive the late post  but I was on a hunting trip. Lorrie and I chatted frequently on ICQ and had talked about meeting someday.

Please accept Smokey and my condolenses

gitano

I add my condolences as well. May God be with you in this time of bereavement. I liked Lorrie.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

To the Rivette family,

I am deeply sadden to hear of the loss of WolfAngelLorrie!  She was always the bright light of the day for me.  My sincere sympathies to all of you!  Her memory will always be with me!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Tags: