finally i have got my fox!

Started by varmint hunter, June 13, 2005, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varmint hunter

:D AT LAST!!!! I GOT ONE!

i went out the other day to my farm, and went shooting for rabbit. i stumbled upon a fox, and bang! I got one.

I have been trying to call in my first fox and pin him down for around a year now (on and off mind you), and finally i have shot my first one!.

i do have a story behind this one, believe me, but i intend to post another thread with some pictures in the next day or so and then i will tell the story.

Currently the skin is in a heshin bag being salted, and i intend to tan the skin and put it on the wall. will also post pics of that in a few weeks or so when thats finished!

The funny thing is, is that SAV mentioned that he'd expect me to get one in the next few weeks, and here u go mate!

RatherBHuntin

WooooHooooooooo!, glad to hear it pal.  Good huntin, I guess persistance pays off eh?  Congratulations!
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

sav17

WELL DONE VH:p ,

See I told you ,I had faith in you and you wouldnt be long taking one,just a bit of a shame you had to go through that ,having to look a wounded animal in the eye before finishing it thing:( nobody really likes that,I had a slight feeling of guilt when I shot the first one,but you soon get over it,next time edge your bets and go after them with a bigger rifle,had one last wednesday with the 243 win,it was about 150 yards out working a hedgerow,barked at it to stop it moving,and hit it clean through the chest(well as clean as you can get with an 87 grn Vmax)
Well keep up the good work my friend,good hunting.................Richie;)
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Tags: