Anybody working dogs? Got a new one

Started by English, June 04, 2005, 05:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

English

Hey was just wondering if anybody is doing any dog work these days.  Both of my older dogs are at the point where off season training is really not necessary and in one case not helpful.  Had a summer project but he just didn't have what it took.  Had been looking for several weeks for another one when my partner called me and said he had a dog for me to try.  Well young Spud is a Treeing Feist.  He weighs in at about 22 lbs and is white with a tan head.  He acts good and is responding to some yard work.  At two years old he is a bit older than I was looking for but seems to be a good prospect.  He is double Cadillac Jack bred.  I'll try and get some pics soon.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Ed B.

Mike, is this the dog you were telling me about a little while ago or is this one new?  I hope it works out good for you.  Where did you travel to this time?

I'll be picking up my Apache/Ginger pup at the end of this month.  Allen says he will look like Geronimo.  My wife is finally okay with the new addition.  She's even helping pick out a name for him.:)
I can't wait for training season.

Ed

English

Hey Ed, good to see your still getting your pup.  I know you can't wait!  This is a different dog.  The first one...well he didnt' have what it took.  Spud is warming up to me very nicely now and is assuming his roll in my pack.  He and Buster are still trying to establish dominance.  Not sure who will win but I think Buster will because at the end of the day he still sleeps on my bed!  LOL

Mike

PS If that pup hunts like Geronimo it sounds like you'll have a good one!!!
BAD RIVER FIEST

Tags: