Got close

Started by Antler3, April 10, 2005, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

Had two gobblers and four hens come in to about 20 yards from me today but they were on the brushy side and no way for a shot. While coming in this evening walked up on a huge flock also in the brush :(  There were at least four long beards in that flock. Season last a month and now that I have found them surely will get one soon :D
ANTLER 3

rockinbbar

I'll bet my money on you Antler.;)

Sounds like you did your part.....Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to.

When you going again?

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Antler3

It's suppose to storm tomorrow Rockin' I've been caught up in a few of them with lightning popping all around me and to tell you the truth I don't like it :D ! So will go to the woods on Tuesday if it clears up like they say it's suppose to. I'll keep after them though :D . The gobblers are all henned up right now and will not come to the calls. They'll gobble back at ya but won't come in. I know where some are roosting now and will get set up on them before they come off the roost and maybe convince him to come in ;). It's sure nice being in the woods this time of year :).
ANTLER 3

Hun44Calif

:confused:      I wholeheartedly commiserate with you. This last Saturday a good buddy of mine and I went out for gobblers on a small private holding I have access to. We set up our delectable foam rubber girl turkeys and started singing. We soon (15 minutes) got a half hearted, warbling response. Calling entusiastically, drawn down on the inflatable dates, we soon saw a puny, 1/2" bearded jake about 100 yds out. We had agreed previously my cronie would be the shooter, so he carefully took aim and I resumed calling.
     I laid out my best sweet nothings as sweetly as I could. Lo and behold, our swain was joined by a second, this one illegal, (no beard showing) jake. I poured out my soul on the box call, but neither jake would approach closer than sixty yds. Finally, (getting pissed), my comrade fired a shot into the sky, sending the jakes fleeing! He growled - "You sound like an ugly fat chick at a quarter to 2 A.M.!! Next time I'll Call!"
     I roared back, "Hey buddy - fat ugly gals need love too - bite me!" Here we were two old fogiues acting like kids in the deep puckerbrush - hell, ain't that what huntin's all about!:cool:

Tags: