Sad News...

Started by rockinbbar, April 06, 2005, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

Our little foal that was born on Sunday has died. THere wasn't anything that could have been done to save it. The vet said it was minimum of $700.00 for the treatment & 90% mortality rate.

I went out this morning & she was "Down". Some colts, especially if born kinda weak develop a raging internal infection that literally kills within hours.

I had grown really close to her in the past few days....:(
I'd go out & check on her & she would come rub on me, or lay her head in my lap & love me to pet her.

We buried her here in the field behind the house....
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

I'm so sorry to hear that Rockinbbar, she was a beauty and I know you have a special place in your heart for horses.  I wish there was something I could say or do.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Kanibal

I am very sorry to hear about your colt. That is very sad news indeed. Its always hard to lose a newborn no matter how long you have known it. We have lost a few calves to cleft pallet, cougar kills and also a horse to tetanis. Take care Barry.
-Richard

Antler3

Oh I'm so sorry Rockin' how heartbreaking that must be. I'll be thinking of you and hope your heart heals soon.
ANTLER 3

rockinbbar

Thanks guys....

Been kinda misty eyed all day. She was such a sweet colt.
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Gmoney

I'm sorry Barry......I posted a comment on a previous post before I got to this one and it may come across as inappropriate what I said in a joking manner "just don't let the yotes get her"....I had no idea the "sad news" would be this....I meant no offense at all in my attempt to be humorous....just should have read all of the posts I'm catching up on before I reply:(....my sympathies are with you because I know how much horses mean to you and especially one that was born on your place....take it wasy bud....Greg
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Shotgunhemi

Such sad news Rockin. Its just so easy to get attached to a beautiful animal like this. I'm sorry mate
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

Hunterbug

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Like shotgunhemi said, it would be easy to get attached to such an animal.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: