Just a Gripe

Started by calestus, April 06, 2005, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calestus

I got a ticket for my inspection sticker being expired ONE day!!!   Grrrrr I know I was in the wrong....but come on.  *sigh* work six days a week...work late...sleep on my one day off.

Sorry guys just had to vent to someone. :mad:

12 gauge

We understand your frustration..

There are some stupid laws out there in this world, i remember on "Ripley's Believe it or Not!" one crazy law they stated down there was you had to wear a certain color of clothing to classify you, if you done anything wrong you were to wear this color telling the world who you were and you had to go out and do community service, this law is in Mexico. Some of the colors i remember, they gave you pink if you were homosexual, red if you were like a killer or something, blue if you were a theif, all kinds of weird things...

It was on a few months ago..but i do remember some colors. Imagine going out and doing community service with colors that show everyone your personality! Talk about punishment and embarrassment! So there are some laws out in this world that are extremely annoying and extremely pointless.

(note: please don't take it the wrong way fellow mods or admins when i made this post, i just wanted to show how extreme the laws are in this world)
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Gmoney

I'd be venting as well....go bust some drug dealers of some burglars or something.....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Hunterbug

I know how you feel. I once had to stand and watch a meter maid give me a parking ticket because the traffic prevented me from crossing to my car. The meter had been expired by 2 minutes by my watch! That's why I hate going downtown. I might as well just stop the first cop I see so they can give me my stupid ticket and save us both the hassle of doing it later.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

calestus

Hunterbug, that must have made you a bit upset.  Downtown in Dallas is hopeless I avoid it like the plage.  If I do go there I try to park in a patrolled garage.  

Thanks guy for making me feel a little better.

Gmoney

Calestus...you from Dallas? Have you ever tried the traffic in Austin?   :)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

calestus

Oh I've been to Austin...traffic is horrible down there....especially during holidays.  Traffic is pretty bad here if you dont learn how to avoid.

Kit

If you take the new inspection to court with an explanation -- and show it will they un-do that?  What if the meter person doesn't show up?

I have Pre-Paid Legal, they help me with stuff, but when the local  so-called police 'chief' (department of 2) gave me a warning ticket for seatbelt, even tho it was on, I forgot to call them, never could reach the mayor, as the cop himself answers the phone.  :-(

I try to stay outta towns of any size when I have a choice.
 Blessings
 ~Kit
 hopin you get a way to get rid of that.

Hunterbug

Quote from: calestusHunterbug, that must have made you a bit upset.  
Yea, I said a few unplesant things about his mother. ;) I try to avoid going downtown if I can. Or since I get a free bus pass through work, if it's feasable I take the bus down and don't park at all.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

cgphunter

I live near a university, and the favorite thing for the local yocal cops to do is pull over anyone going a little over the speed limit. I know they are looking for drunks on the road comeing from bars because last week I got pulled over twice in one night for going 5mph and 2mph over. They both let me go with a warning, but the second cop I asked flat out what the "heck" man? He said that they were looking for drunks on the road, and that most drunks tend to stay right around the speed limit and everyone else goes 8-10 over anyway and that that was why I looked suspicious. I was highly upset to say the least. I was just going to and from campus trying to get an ME project finished. Sorry for changing the subject, but I needed to rant some today too.

Chris
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
- Mark Twain

Any relation to the land, the habit of tilling it, or mining it, or even hunting on it, generates the feeling of patriotism.
- Ralph W. Emerson

Hunterbug

It's OK Chris, we're here for you. :D I work in the Peoples Republic of Boulder so I know how it goes.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

CQP.....I know many friends here in TX that have gotten tickets for going 1MPH over the speed limit.....I mean gimme a break...lol....if that happened to me.............wow....
-Greg

calestus

If the cop had tried to stack tickets on me like going 1MPH over, I am sure my head would have exploded.

domacious

Quote from: GmoneyI know many friends here in TX that have gotten tickets for going 1MPH over the speed limit.
When I was younger I was in the scouts "explorer" group attached to the State Patrol.  If someone were ticketed for going 1 mph over the limit it would be thrown out merely on a "profiling" charge.  The main question asked of the officer would be, "how many people to you stop, let alone ticket, for going 1 mph over the speed limit?"  If he said all of them then he would be laughed out of the room (figuratively) but if he said very few then they would tag him for profiling and the ticket would be thrown out.  Now if the person was also hit with posession or DWI or the like then that's a different issue.  Cops really need to watch themselves when they pull someone over to make sure that it's something that will stand up in court.  
I got hit for doing 74 in a 60 over in Issaquah WA in the car pool lane and only got a warning.  I was polite to the officer and had a sticker on my window "vets vote Bush"   ;)
Dave

--Point to ponder:
The Titanic- built by professionals
The Ark- built by an amature

Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage!!

calestus

YaY! I got the ticket dismissed! w00t!  *does the silly white boy dance*

Tags: