Any of you guys own a Mustang?

Started by Shotgunhemi, March 17, 2005, 05:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgunhemi

I cant be the only petrol head here. At the moment i'm saving up for a 1970 fastback Mustang. I absolutely love these cars. There must be someone on the forum that owns a Mustang. My father was what you guys might call a 'petrol head' in his day and this influence has rubbed off on me.

Heres a quick quiz for you people, what is my username and what does it represent?:D
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

RatherBHuntin

Don't know about the name, but the Fastback is the best of the bunch in my opinion, at least appearance wise.  Always thought they were one up on the 67s-69s and similiar types.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Shotgunhemi

I couldn't agree with you more Glenn.

Ok heres a clue for you guys, think Boss.
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

RatherBHuntin

If you haven't seen this years new Mustang, check it out, you will be pleasantly surprised at the similiarity to the Fastback.  Sort of looks like a Fastback rear end and a BMW front end
 http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Shotgunhemi

Yeah i've seen it. It looks quite good. The grille looks more like a '69 with those inner headlights. The rear looks more like a '70 with the wider tail lights and rear spoiler. The only thing I don't really like are the wheel archers. Ive noticed its got small rear windows in it, because on the original '69 and '70 models the view out the back, especially if trying to do a head check changing lanes, was a nightmare because of the huge quater panel. But it still looks like an absolute beast doesnt it?
I'd be intimidated pulling up at a set of lights with one of these next to me:D

So you havn't figured out my username yet?
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

azhdryder

They run like a scalded ape too. It was a near thing leaving the dealership without one, but fortunately, I've still got my truck.
Amatuers talk rifles

Enthusiasts talk ammo

Professonals talk Wind

RatherBHuntin

Azhdryder,
 The trick is to buy one for your wife, then you get to keep your truck and still able to take the sportscar out for a spin when you feel like it!
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

How's this for a mustang? :D

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Shotgunhemi

I wouldn't doubt it azhdryder. I'd love to take one for a spin round the block.

Thats it Az, the original Mustang! Are they yours mate? Nice looking horses.
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

sav17

Hi,
isnt the word 'hemi' related to cylinder head design in the states?
A few years back I used to run a chevy beauville van and my friend had a shelby mustang,yellow with a black stripe running front to back over the top,absolutely awesome piece of kit,his party trick was to floor it and just stay in the same place producing huge clouds of smoke:D wouldnt want his tyre bill mind you,one of the fastest things in a straight line I have ever ridden in:cool:
keep safe...............Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

rednkwmn

I own a mustang, but the "engine" only has one horse power.  Here is a picture of my mustang:  

;)   (hee hee, couldn't resist!)

rednkwmn

Quote from: AzKioteHow's this for a mustang? :D

Daryl
Ha ha!  I just posted the pic of my "mustang" and then saw yours!  I guess "great minds think alike"???

Daryl (deceased)

RNW,

:D:D:D

Shotgunhemi,

One's mine, the other is a friend's.

Y'all take care!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Shotgunhemi

sav17, yeah 'hemi' relates to the design of the cylinder heads combustion chambers. A 'hemi' motor means the chambers are hemispherically shaped. Ok, ill tell you guys about my username. A 'Shotgunhemi' is the nickname for one of the most exotic performance items to ever roll off Fords production line. Its the mighty 7 litre Boss 429 (429 cubes!!!) that was introduced in limited numbers in the 1969 and 1970 Boss 429 Mustangs. In reality the Boss 429 is only a semi-hemi because the chambers are more crescent shaped and not a full hemi deign. My father is really into collecting this sort of exotic ford gear and yep, you guessed it, his influence has sort of rubbed off on me.

Standstill burnouts in your mates Shelby huh? It looks cool but is not the healthiest thing for the car.

Rednkwmn, at least you own a Mustang! The boss 429 had about 375 of your horses credited to it (from the factory) but with a little tweaking its quite easy to get 550-600 horses under the bonnet!
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

sav17

Hi Shotgun'

yeah being a car mechanic by trade I realise that he wasnt doin it a lot of good but if you got it flaunt it:D .H e had a litle trick devise called a line lock kit which electronically locked on the front brakes to make it even more impressive
At one time he was talking about importing a blower from the states,you know the one with the big red throttle flaps that sticks up above the bonnet,dont know if he ever did havent seen him for years and I should imagine we have both grown up a bit by now "nah dont think so,once its in your blood you never shake it:D
KEEP YOUR FOOT TO THE FLOOR......................Richie:D
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Tags: