A Muzzle Loading Shotgun - The Flock Getter

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), February 27, 2005, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

It is apparent that this shotgun would certainly give the edge to Alboy when shooting alongside Smokepole over the dekes.

Alboy

You obviouly think I could pick it up and swing it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Smokepole

You can forget about pre-cut wadding. Looks like you'll be stuffing hornet's nest, moss or maybe the lastest issue of "Muzzle Loader" magazine.

Alboy

Good point. We could use the local "news" paper and give it a second use after bird cage liner.

Cut a deal with you smoke pole. Lets double team one of those, take turns lending a shoulder or pulling the trigger.

Managed to really get to the range yesterday and exercise Beulah with more round balls. Using a .690 with TC .015 prelubed pillow ticking seems to be the ticket. Windage at 50 yards was holding pretty well but could not get my elevation up where it needed to be. I am pretty sure it will take adding a bead on the barrel. I will start a seperate thread to discuss that procedure.

The .54 rifle sights were located and she is shooting well again. Now it is just practice, work..........work.....work. I love it.

Pictures of targets are coming. The scanner is still smarter than I am, may shoot them with the digital while I am learning the other.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Nope. It's one to shoot while you're reloadin' the other. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.