Cold Blast hits Midwest

Started by sakorick, January 30, 2019, 03:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I just checked my thermometer and it's -12F here on the farm(that's -24C). It look like much the same for tomorrow. I'm not worried about my water meter as it's under a 2' snow drift but the line to my house could be a problem. I let the bathroom faucet drip all night and will let it drip until tomorrow night. Schools are closed, and I guess the Post Office and Courthouse will be closed as well. Wind chill today is forecast to be -35 to -40. I'm putting out cracked corn for the Quail and keeping the stove going as hard as it can. The dogs could care less! Al Gore can kiss my a**.:stare:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Yeah Rick. It's a bit warmer here in northern Ky. It's 4 degrees and the weather monkey on TV says it won't get any warmer today. We have around 1 1/2 inches of snow from last night & a blizzard started about 20 minutes ago. Can barely see a train 60 yards away. I took a couple pictures a few minutes ago. I'm not going to wade the creeks frog gigging today anyway. AMEN on Gore. There is a train going by 75 yards away in both pictures.  ........Paul H

sakorick

you just got what we've already had! It's still -8 at noon here!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jamie.270

Keep 'er buttoned up out there folks, and the home fires burnin'.

Keep the faucets dribbling and the lower cabinet doors open, to keep those pipes thawed too.

BBRRrrrrrrrrrr.

Here on the West side of Oregon we may be at the mercy of the Pacific, but it rarely throws those kind of temps at us.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

It's a balmy 28F here. Wish you were here... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

-3ÂșC this morning no snow on the ground yet...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Our low temp. yesterday was -3 F & when I got up at 3;30 AM this morning it was -3 F again. Supposed to be in the low 60's in a couple days. I was thinking along the lines of 75 or 80 F.  :D  .......Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

whoa......a whole 1cm this morning - should be utter chaos!
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

jOe, sounds a lot like here. Everything shuts down if someone spits on the sidewalk. :eek:  ALL schools have been closed for three days. HAPPY FEBRUARY.   ......Paul H

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

Tags: