Ice fishing good

Started by sakorick, January 22, 2018, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Our Friday catch....9 cats(one 6 1/4 pound), 72 Sunnies, 8 Crappies and 4 Bass.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Now you're just being mean.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Quote from: gitanoNow you're just being mean.

Paul

Yea. What he said!
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Not mean! Let's put this in perspective. There was 5 of us. My cousin Lowell, an experienced ice fisherman from Minnesota. Dwaine 83 years old and has spent more time on the ice than all the rest of us put together. Pat, an experienced ice fisherman from Minnesota who hand fishes (he caught the big Channel). John, the best fisherman I know and finally me and I caught 16 bluegill, 3 cats and a bass. We all had Vexilars and you end up with 2 sinks full of fish. Oh, it was a 3 star day on the solar/lunar chart.

We caught this mess on two Conservation areas public water Pond 1, Griffith's Conservation Area, 1 1/2 acres full of brush piles and have never seen another fisherman there because it's 1/2 mile walk in.
Pond 10, Fountain Grove Conservation area, 2 acres. One of the most popular ponds in Linn County, heavily fished and a 10 foot walk to the ice. Both areas 30 min drive from my house.

gitano

Showing TWO sink-fulls of fish in the middle of winter is "mean". It doesn't matter how many of you there were! Catfish, crappie, and bluegills - some of my favorite fish.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;149983Showing TWO sink-fulls of fish in the middle of winter is "mean". It doesn't matter how many of you there were! Catfish, crappie, and bluegills - some of my favorite fish.

Paul

The Bass are darn good out of the cold water too! (That's borderline mean).

Tags: