A rant.

Started by Hunterbug, April 03, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Yesterday Payton was fortunate enough to participate in a youth event through the Northern Colorado Pheasants Forever chapter. They shot archery, trap, 22, and had a live pheasant hunt. There were kids of all ages and abilities. Here comes the rant part. Some of the kids had never even held a shotgun before and were totally unprepared. The volunteers did their best to help but there is no way they could take these kids and give them the skills they needed to hit anything. This falls back on the parents. Too many parents don't want to spend the time or money to train their kids and get them the right equipment. They say that they don't want to spend the money until they know if the kid will like it. If they're cold, wet, miserable, and can't hit anything, odds are they won't enjoy it. Payton got one shot and harvested a bird. We had it for dinner and it was delicious.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

I sure enjoyed your post and pictures.....especially the happy ending. Congrats to Payton!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

Quote from: sakorickI sure enjoyed your post and pictures.....especially the happy ending. Congrats to Payton!

Thanx, Rick. She really had a great time and is anxious for pheasant hunting this fall. I'll have to do my homework as it has never been my thing and we don't have a dog for it. Yet. She has her mind set on getting a GSP.

She also loved all of the guides fawning over her A5 Light 20ga.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

You can meet us in Mankato this fall.....first week in December. We need more hunters!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

Quote from: sakorickYou can meet us in Mankato this fall.....first week in December. We need more hunters!!

That sounds great. We'll talk over the summer and plan on it.

Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

Way to go Peanut!!! :jumpingsmiley: :jumpingsmiley:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Easy there, big fella.

Congratulations to Payton and you! Pretty bird!. It would be neat if you and Payton could get together with Rick and company this fall!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

HB, it's always good to see youngsters into shooting & hunting. Especially the girls. Good job Payton & congratulations. Thanks for the delicious meal. Doesn't get any better than that.  ......Paul H

Hunterbug

Quote from: gitanoIt would be neat if you and Payton could get together with Rick and company this fall!

Paul

I presented the idea to Payton and she is excited about it. I think mostly to meet Bella. ;) I even got the green light from the family CFO.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Quote from: Hunterbug;147520I presented the idea to Payton and she is excited about it. I think mostly to meet Bella. ;) I even got the green light from the family CFO.
:biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: