Browning case

Started by sakorick, March 13, 2017, 01:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I've got this Browning case for my 101 three barrel set. I purchased it some 39 years ago in Germany. It's a beautiful case with one minor problem. The interior is shot. So I took it down to the upholster Lady and she said I would have to find the materials.....I said no problem. The original tag says "Lifetime Luggage Case" so I called Rick at Browning customer service and explained the problem. I said will you fix it....it's worn out...just the interior, the case is like new. Rick said we didn't think you would live so long and the cases are now made in Mexico and we no longer carry the 3 barrel set case. Fine I said, where can I get some long wearing nylon fleece and Sabu Acetate fabric cause that's what the tag says it's made out of. I may have just as well been talking to a zombie!

So, any of you guys have any ideas. I've spent 3 hours on the internet and it appears there is no such thing unless you want to buy a minimum of 1000 yards of the stuff!!:Banghead:......help meeeeeee.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Pictures?

Tandy Leather may have what you are looking for maybe? That would be my first place to try.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

I'll try to get some pictures up later. Leather is no good and adhesive backed felt too. I requires something like sheep fleece treated with silicone. Here is what the pam says that came with the case.

sakorick

Here is the exact model for a 2 barrel set.

recoil junky

Artificial sheep fleece (the kind used on saddles) might be just the ticket. It can be "prepared" in such a way by spraying it with silicone so it "repels moisture" of the watery kind much like spraying something with "Scotchguard".

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky(the kind used on saddles)
Is the stuff I have been looking for. Can't find a source of JUST the material. If you know of where to get some, that's the ticket.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Tags: