257 Roberts

Started by Hunterbug, January 02, 2017, 09:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

A friend of mine called me on Saturday and said that he found a nice Mauser in 257 Roberts at a pawn shop. So I went with him too look at it. It's a commercial action, I think an Interarms Mark X. The scope is nothing special but it's ok with Buehler mounts. I got it for 300 out the door. It needs a good cleaning but should be a great deer and antelope gun.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Very nice! But then I like Mausers.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Nice pick up for 300 Gorillas.

I like Mausers too. :D
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Wow......it's like a free Mauser! I think it's a Zavodi action. Take it apart and show a picture of the trigger and safety. Very nice Mauser.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

Rick, here's both sides of the trigger including the safety. The trigger says Spain on it. I'm not really fond of the trigger and I think I'll see if the one that I took off of the other 257 will work.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

HB you have to be the luckiest mutt on the planet!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

It's not a Zavodi trigger....or action. Must be Spanish. They made lots of commercial actions in the 60's. Here is a Zavodi.

Hunterbug

Quote from: sakorickIt's not a Zavodi trigger....or action. Must be Spanish. They made lots of commercial actions in the 60's. Here is a Zavodi.

It says Spain on the side of the trigger. I think that the trigger than I took off of my Venezuelan 98 will fit. I'm going to try it and see.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Quote from: Hunterbug;146831It says Spain on the side of the trigger. I think that the trigger than I took off of my Venezuelan 98 will fit. I'm going to try it and see.

The safety is usually the road block....You may need to acquire a Bold trigger for the 98 Mauser......they require very little smithing to fit.

Hunterbug

This is the trigger that I took off of the other 257.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Quote from: Hunterbug;146842This is the trigger that I took off of the other 257.

Looks good to me....slap it on and see if the safety fits/works.

Tags: