Reciever hitch game hanger

Started by JaDub, June 23, 2016, 08:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

Paul,
You asked at one time how my new homemade game hanger worked out but that hunt turned out to be VERY windy to the point the hanger wasn`t used. I ran across this photo taken last hunt and thought I`d pass it along. I can incorporate a small block and tackle with this however an antelope negated the need.

This is Crackalope field dressing his `catch`.  

gitano

I recall that photo. Looks like a great tool. You might consider making them commercially. There aren't many places in Alaska where on can get a vehicle large enough to balance the weight of an animal larger than a deer. There just aren't roads or hard ground enough to drive 'cars' on. There are a few "buggies" that people use, and I THINK I have seen a moose hoisted on one of those beasts. Those buggies are falling out of favor pretty quickly as they REALLY tear up the earth. A few years back I went on a hunt in which we planned to use an old mining road. These swamp buggies had been on it earlier, and it was too much even for ATVs! We couldn't even negotiate it at all! Ruts 4 to 6 FEET deep!

I could see this hanger getting lots of use in the plains states and the east. Anywhere deer are shot and you can drive a 'road' vehicle to.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

jaeger88

Hi JaDub that looks a neat bit of kit. how does it attach to the ball hitch ?.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

JaDub

It does not use  a ball hitch set-up.   Made of the appropriate size square steel  tubing it simply slides into a receiver type hitch.  KISS  :yes:

jaeger88

Many thanks.

KISS !. Best tec you can get !.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

Tags: