Parker Hale thinks it's a varminter

Started by branxhunter, May 28, 2016, 02:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

I tried out some loads that I had developed 2 years ago prior to the new stock.

[ATTACH]14471[/ATTACH]

Marcus

farmboy

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

We have some really good shots, and reloaders, here at THL!

It's great that it is still shooting 'lights out' after the restocking!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Quote from: sakorick;144864Range??

Range was 100 metres Rick.

I tried some 100gn Sierra Prohunters with AR2209 later in the afternoon - the best group was around 0.85" at 100m, but I am yet to play with seating depth. I had one group with 2 shots cutting each other but the other was ~ 2 " away:mad:

Marcus

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Quote from: gitano;144869It's great that it is still shooting 'lights out' after the restocking!

Paul

The restocking is one of the reasons it is shooting like this.

The stockmaker inletted by hand, and then did the barest of skim bedding jobs around the recoil lug and under the barrel Knox form. The POI doesn't really change after taking the barrelled action out of the stock and replacing again (I have been adjusting the trigger).

The more open pistol grip means that it better fits my hand (large hand, long fingers) so I probably control the rifle better - it certainly feels much more comfortable. The high straight comb also means that recoil is straight back. My first Parker Hale (early 60's Safri Deluxe model) had a lot of drop at heel and used to lift the muzzle and jump about. The original stock for this rifle was better, but not as good as the new stock.

It definitely shoots tighter groups now than before the new stock.

Marcus

Tags: