A snowy day project.

Started by Hunterbug, April 16, 2016, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I'm not really making this, more like assembling and finishing. I've had this for a while and an just getting around to putting it together. It's a patch knife kit that I got off of eBay a while back. The instructions call for a drill press but I'm working with hand tools.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

There's some 'making' to that, HB. Let's see!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

There's some 'making' to that, HB. Let's see!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I got the handles roughed out.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Before you rivet them, I could send you moose leg bones that you could use for scales.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Go ahead and send them and I'll use them for the next one. I have these epoxied in place and curing.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

What does a patch knife patch?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

It's for cutting patches for a muzzle loader.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Did you get the 2' of snow they said you were going to get on the national weather report?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

We have about 4 inches on the ground at my house. It was warm enough leading up to the storm that most of it melted when it hit the ground. The southern part of the city got a lot more than us. But it's a heavy wet snow with a lot of water content.

Niccolo Machiavelli

farmboy

I wish I could get some of that!

gitano

Snow? Water? Moose bones?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: