Drought??

Started by rockinbbar, February 11, 2005, 06:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to call the drought over in New Mexico...:)
It has rained & snowed PLENTY here....at least for a few days...LOL.

On the bright side, we should have a glorious spring!

I'll bet AZ has gotten his boat out too!

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Antler3

Glad to hear you have had some moisture Rockin' I am lookin' forward to spring in these parts. Today will be in the high 50's, warm enough to get the fever. My daughter and her family took the boat out last weekend. Didn't catch but one ...but had a very nice time :)
ANTLER 3

Jay Edward (deceased)

Glad to hear it Rockin...wish I could say the same here.  It's been a very mild winter and the snowpack is very low.  This means very dry and, perhaps, some nasty forest fires. If we're not going to get the snow, we're hoping for a really wet spring.

But it's our turn now and I'm glad to hear that your drought is over.  I've lived in New Mexico and know how it can get.

Kit

That is wonderful Rockin' -- we are also lookin at nasty fires and crop problems unless the Hand of the Lord intervenes here in the PNW.

Daryl (deceased)

Everything is saturated here.  It's been many, MANY years since I've seen this much moisture in Arizona, and it's very good to see...at least for me it is.

Now they're saying Phoenix might get flooded again, so some folks there are likely complaining a bit.  Not me though!! :)  I'm loving every drop of it.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hunterbug

Our state wide snowpack is at about 115%. The 3 major basins that feed the Denver area are at 86, 86, and 96 percent but that's a far cry from what they have been the last few years. With any luck the spring will help make that last little bit up.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Kanibal

I havent even been able to go skiiing at all yet, in the Cascades or Rockies, snow fall is extremely low this year.  Most ski parks have been closed a lot this winter.  I am going skiing this weekend in the Cascades, they have about one inch of new snow, Yay ice skiing, hope I dont fall down too much. Oh by the way I like your new avatar Kit.  Is that the kit fox that Jay posted for you?  Have a good one.

-Richard
-Richard

drinksgin (deceased)

Here in SE Texas it is getting sorta soggy, last year was the 3rd most wet year on record and since the first of this year we have had 8+" already and are due 1-2" this weekend.
We have friends in the Phoenix area, they report they have had a lake in their backyard for over a month, just totally unlike Phoenix.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

rockinbbar

The New Mexico snow pack statewide is the highest it's been in 10 years.
:D:D

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Kit

OH!!!! SO that is where all 'our' water and snow went!

Daryl (deceased)

Still raining here, and hasn't stopped since yesterday about noon!  Getting pretty soggy.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

m gardner

Got some drought here in nothwestern colorado. It's getting somewhat better but no real relief in sight. It has made elk hunting easier because they key on water. It's made it harder because most of the water is on private land. The fires we've had have opened up some nice habitat. The government reseeded it with grasses the elk like. The mule deer don't need much water and are masters at finding it in the desert. Some of them are getting big lately.

Kit

Rockin' -- what effect (positive or negative) do you expect this to have on your upcoming hunt?

And hey, how are the signups going for that?  
 :-)
 ~Kit

Tags: