O3 future

Started by drinksgin (deceased), January 15, 2016, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Rick, as a retarded 06, oops that is, retired, do you think a certain Naval 03 should be working on his resume as he prepares for a return to civilian life?

:MOGRIN::sarc:

First, I am not a retired 06.....try 04. Possibly......there may be justification and there may not. Seniors are prohibited from showing favoritism towards any Junior. If he (the Lieutenant) is merely dealing with the framework of the document then there should be no impropriety. If I were the senior officer to both of them and heard through the grapevine about this, we would have a "meeting".
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

I'm not retired, or retarded, and I wasn't a zero either, BUT... that's not gonna keep me from commenting on this thread. :)

The following are just my opinions. I'm not 'married' to them, but considering my age, I've had a day or two to think about them. So while they may not be "cast in stone", someone would have a pretty tough time talking me out of them.

The "8-hour" work-day DOES NOT APPLY TO MILITARY PERSONNEL. If ANYONE, officer or enlisted, has all of his duties done, I don't give a rat's rear end what else he does with his time. Civilians that want a pound of flesh from military personnel can go pound sand far all I care. They never seem to concern themselves with all of the 24-hour days military personnel put in WITH NO OVERTIME considered. They never concern themselves with "Muster in 15 minutes with a full sea-bag" so they can board a @#$%^&* ship or airplane to God-knows-where. They never worry about spending every waking minute working on a broken piece of equipment because your shipmates need it to be working TO STAY ALIVE.

So, work on your resume'. Watch ****ography. Fold paper airplanes. I don't give a dam. All I ask is that you do your job as a "soldier". If civilians want to ***** about a @#$%^&*ing "8-hour" day, start PAYING THEM COMMENSURATE WITH WHAT THEY DO.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

I agree with what you say, however, what do you think about the Naval 0-3 who rolled over like a puppy dog?

gitano

I don't know what you're talking about.:stars: :help: :confused: :huh:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

The Iranians caught 10 sailors in their waters, took them in custody, agreed to release them, but the naval 03 in charge had to make an apology to Iran.
I thought the rules were still, name, rank, serial number and date of birth, nothing else when captured.
To make it worse, the 03 is a trade school graduate.
I would think he has just undone his career, even if he is a ring knocker.
All the story is not yet out, but so far, supposedly one of a pair of very small patrol boats stopped running, it's companion stayed with it and they "accidentially" drifted 50 miles into
Iranian waters.
Something stinks, a couple of E2 coasties could have rigged a tow and gotten out of there
but an academy graduate could not figure out what to do?

:oops::greentongue::cens:

gitano

OK, now I understand. I saw the "apology" on the TV. I was prepared for MUCH worse. All he said was, "It was our fault. We apologize." It sounded to me like something the Pentagon, under Barack Hussein Obama, would "authorize". Now if there WAS some unauthorized boundary violation, then he is in trouble, but I don't think the apology was a problem. I've been wrong before.

You want to see some careers going down in flames, and I'm talking admirals here, look up "Fat Leonard".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

After looking it up, I can hear the squeals of joy in the lower ranks at the opportunity to advance careers.
It certainly seems having zipper problems is getting to be a problem in Army and Navy ranks.

sakorick

I completely misread your original post. Hey he screw up it appears so he owned up to it. IMHO, that took some guts. Humans make mistakes and at least this time nobody got hurt. I don't think he needs to work on a resume. He might not have even been in the wheelhouse.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

QuoteI completely misread your original post.
WHAAAAT! How could that possibly be!?

THL needs a drinksgin translator.

The "Fat Leonard" scandal looked more like just plain greed than "zipper problems". While there were some prostitutes "given", I think the bigger 'carrot' was the opportunity to hang out with the "big boys" and act like a Big Man on Campus among CIVILIANS.

Most civilian fat cats look down their noses socially at ALL military personnel, even if they have stars on their shoulder-boards. It has always surprised me how former officers once they retire, (not all of them, but MANY), REALLY seek social acceptance by "the upper crust". So few people learn from petty high school cliques that the "in-crowd" NEVER let's the peons "in". It doesn't matter WHAT you do or did. No society allows their military personnel to "rise" to the elite levels of politics/society. NEVER.

These admirals - in my opinion - were simply tempted by REALLY wanting to "play with the big kids". Sad really. But, that's just my opinion.

Paul

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

A drinksgin translator?
NEVER!
Rick, I really doubt there is a very large and isolated wheelhouse on what was mostly  a large bass boat.
Could be.
I had an 04 uncle, even worse a mustang, he got  passed over and out just for slapping a couple of peons around.
I thought from that the navy was sorta up tight about correct conduct.
My uncle was a sorry varmit but he did go from E1 to 04 before they finally got tired of him.
WWII helped his career quite a bit, he was in subs.

gitano

Eisenhower was certainly an exception to my "NEVER", above, but while I really thought Eisenhower was an excellent president, you don't get 5 stars without some political skill. Not that that HAS to be bad, but it usually is.  Political skill is something history would tell us Patton did NOT have. There are lots of folks that think that "they" killed Patton.

It took me a long time to realize it, but if the "powers that be" want you gone, there is NOTHING that will stop them. It may take them longer than they wanted it to, but they are NEVER (and I'm sticking to this 'never'), thwarted in their efforts. Never. If "they" wanted your uncle, "they" were going to get him. If he 'deserved' removal, that just made it easier.

I really don't care what happens to 06s and above. There are 06s "out there" that haven't sold their souls, but there aren't many of them. Above 06; there are none in my opinion. I have no interest in their "trials and tribulations" like the "Fat Leonard" scandal.

My sentiments are reserved for 04s and below among the officers, and E5s and below among the enlisted. That's just me. Others will raise some "non-commissioned officer" to god-like status. I never met one of those. Several friends of mine that I was in boot with that ended up as E8s and a couple E9s "changed". I really couldn't spend more than about half an hour around them even though we had been the 'best of friends' when they were lowly E3s, 4s, and 5s.

I don't happen to think this "changing" is unique to the military. What makes it more noteworthy in the military is the ABSOLUTE power these petty tyrants have over their subordinates. In civilian life, if you tell your boss he's a flaming horse's rear, the worst POSSIBLE that can happen to you is getting fired. In the military, insubordination will land you in JAIL; then they take your PAY; and the time you spend in JAIL is added to the time that the petty little sons of bachelors have control over your LIFE. In a war zone - literally your LIFE.

If you haven't noticed, I have a chip on my shoulder about the military about half the size of Kansas. ;) That chip was placed there and 'fertilized' to grow by personal, first-hand, experience. There are good military leaders. They rarely make it above 06 and E6. The exact same thing holds true in the civilian world. It just doesn't have the same ramifications in the civilian world as it does in the military. Add conscription (the draft), and you have a fertile bed for serious resentment of "the powers that be".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Large Bass boat?
Displacement:    13,000 kg (28,660 lbs) Empty, 15,300 kg (33,730 lbs) Standard, 20,500 kg (45,190 lbs) Full load
Length:    

15.9 m (52 ft) Overall
    14.9 (48') Waterline

Beam:    3.8 m (12 ft 6 in)
Draught:    0.8 m (2 ft 7 in)
Propulsion:    2 × 625 bhp Scania DSI14 V8 Diesel; 2 × Kamewa FF water jets
Speed:    40 knots (74 km/h)
Range:    240 nmi (440 km) at 20 knots (37 km/h)
Complement:    

3 (two officers and one engineer)
    Up to 21 amphibious troops with full equipment

Armament:    

3 × Browning M2HB machine guns
    1 × Mk 19 grenade launcher
    4 naval mines or 6 depth charges

drinksgin (deceased)

Rick, spend some time on Texoma or Sam Rayburn lakes,
Actually quite small for a gulf party boat to catch some red snappers.

gitano

Quote from: drinksgin;142868Rick, spend some time on Texoma or Sam Rayburn lakes,
I wuz gonna say something similar! Maybe without the armament... but being Texas, JUST "maybe"!

Great picture by the way!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

My question is pretty simple. The boat had three 50 Cal machine guns and a 40MM MK19 grenade launcher. Did they run out of gas? Why didn't the vessel protect itself and allowed to be boarded by a lesser opponent?  Something seems mighty fishy here.........the 03 might be working on his resume and then again, we just don't know the facts yet. Right now......it doesn't look good for the US Navy. Where is "Old Ironsides" when you need her?

Tags: