Thank you Rick!

Started by davidlt89, January 08, 2016, 05:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Going of a trusted member here at THL, I decided to get some Obenaufs and try them on a pair of Merrels I had. these were expensive hikers and were still comfortable but looked worn down. Here they are before.

So I got myself a nice new toothbrush and a cloth and got to work tonight to see what this could do. First, I will say, no one can polish a pair of boots like this guy:nana: didn't want to say that but had to;)

This stuff worked great and really worked in the leather, it was an instantaneous change. I also like the smell of it. Here is the end result with just one coat.

This stuff is money!!! if you have a pair of leather boots you want looking new, you can't go wrong for 10.99. Thank you Rick!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Any infantryman can certainly polish boots. How would I, a swab, know? Because my Dad was an infantryman when I was young and I polished A LOT of combat boots.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I polished my fair share of boots in the navy, from boondockers to flight deck boots. God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

farmboy

farmboy

Quote from: gitano;142732Any infantryman can certainly polish boots. How would I, a swab, know? Because my Dad was an infantryman when I was young and I polished A LOT of combat boots.

Paul

Interesting you say this it was always my opinion that in the royal navy and the dominions that the navy did the most of that kind of stuff. No so in the USA? Army is the best dressed?

sakorick

It is truly amazing stuff. Bill told me two light coats are better than one thick application and he is right. I just put a third coat on mine and I am ready to chase the evil Chinese Transplants with zero fear of cold wet feet.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

I also bought the silicone spray and coated 5 pairs of foot wear 4 times. Went on nice and slick. I think i may try a coat on my leather holsters! God bless.

gitano

Farmboy - The Navy is known for two "dressy" things: 1) Their dress uniforms, and 2) BRASS ON SHIPS. Most sailors spend more time polishing brass than anything else in their first enlistment. While all branches have to polish footwear for inspections, etc., my experience with the Army and the Navy says that the Army does it about a hundred times more than the Navy on a daily basis.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;142751Farmboy - The Navy is known for two "dressy" things: 1) Their dress uniforms, and 2) BRASS ON SHIPS. Most sailors spend more time polishing brass than anything else in their first enlistment. While all branches have to polish footwear for inspections, etc., my experience with the Army and the Navy says that the Army does it about a hundred times more than the Navy on a daily basis.

Paul

And that is the truth!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

farmboy

Quote from: gitano;142751Farmboy - The Navy is known for two "dressy" things: 1) Their dress uniforms, and 2) BRASS ON SHIPS. Most sailors spend more time polishing brass than anything else in their first enlistment. While all branches have to polish footwear for inspections, etc., my experience with the Army and the Navy says that the Army does it about a hundred times more than the Navy on a daily basis.

Paul
Lol that reminds me of a navy marching song unofficial one!

gitano

The only marching I did in the Navy was in boot camp. Didn't march. Didn't carry a gun. Didn't worry about my work uniform; it was often in tatters. (Loved to 'spruce up' in my dress uniform though.) Didn't polish shoes. Had a beard. At sea, didn't get haircut for three months.

You wanna ask me again why I liked being a US Navy submarine sonar technician. :D:D:D

Paul

PS - Here's something that always bugged/bugs me about the other branches of the armed services: They salute inside buildings! In the Navy one NEVER salutes if one is not "covered" (has a hat on.) In the other branches, they ALWAYS salute inside buildings. The first thing one does when one enters a building is "uncover" - take off your hat. (All branches do that.) No saluting without cover, so no saluting indoors. For the first few days of boot camp, there are a LOT of people standing out on the grinder with their right hand up in the "salute" position. What are they doing, you ask? LOOKING FOR INDIANS, because that MUST be what you were doing when you raised your right hand to your forehead INSIDE A BUILDING WITHOUT YOUR HAT ON! :D

That reminded me of another thing we used to do to mid-shipmen when they were on base during summer break from Annapolis. While technically they were still "pukes", enlisted men still had to salute them. We would salute them with our left hands. People new to saluting, like mid-shipmen, can't really tell what's wrong with that. It "feels" wrong, but they can't put their finger on what was wrong. We would split a gut watching them switch hands, move from one to the other, and all sorts of antics including dropping books and papers they were carrying just to make sure they returned the salute. (For the non-military experienced out there, it is just as "illegal" for an officer to NOT return the salute of an enlisted man as it was for the enlisted man to fail to salute. Funny how the zeroes never seemed to get in any trouble for it though!)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: