Dad passed away last night.

Started by Brithunter, December 13, 2015, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Was awoken this morning by the phone ringing just after 7AM and as expected twas the hopsital. Dad passed away just after 10 PM last night. They had asked us if we wanted to be informed durign the night and has said no. Mother has not been sleeping well as it is.

So thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers it was a peaceful slip away for him for which we are grateful and probably a release as  although we did our best his life was not what he would have wished the last few weeks what with being hardly able to move at all. It was shame we could not have met his nursing needs at home but there it is.

So now a new chapter in our lives begins and we shall just have to wait and see what it holds for us.
[/COLOR]
Go Get them Floyd!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

You and mum have my condolences Kevin.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

branxhunter

My thoughts and prayers are with you And your mum BH.

Marcus

Jorge in Oz

My condolences Kevin to you and your family. We'll be praying for God's peace and grace to be upon you all during this difficult time.

Take care.

Regards

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

I echo what's already been said add that he is with God now.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

My prayer is that I hope that Christmas becomes a time of remembering your Dad fondly, not a time to remember his death. Peace to you and your mother, BH.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Brithunter

Got the death certificates this morning then after a visit to the Hospital for x-rays on my left shoulder called into a Furneral Directors in the small market town close to home. They were very helpful. It would seem that with Christmas looming the any funeral or cremation will not happen until January.

Will let folks know when we have a date.
Go Get them Floyd!

Paul Hoskins

Kevin, sincere condolences to you, your mum & family. .....Paul H

Brithunter

Once again thank you all. Yours thoughts and prayers are most appreciated and Mother is surprised at the depth of feeling, support and care shown. It seems that she never realised just how my internet friends feel.
Go Get them Floyd!

Brithunter

We have a date and time for the Cremation which is midday on Monday January 11th at Alford in Lincolnshire.

Long time to wait really but they are really busy. We were talking about one on the 8th but then Mother reminded me that she is having her cataract done on the 8th. While we were discussing this that slot was booked by someone else. Seems it is a busy time of year.  
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: