Sign in the gun store

Started by farmboy, November 03, 2015, 04:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

farmboy

You should have seen the stunning sticks and the wood to metal fit! Wow! Lol

Jamie.270

I'll never forget walking into a small gunstore in Roseburg, OR in the '90s and there was an old metal barrel full of them standing in it, still slathered in cosmoline.  
The sign on the barrel read:

$89.99ea, or $79.99ea in qtys of 10 or more.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Yeah, and the only fools were the ones that didn`t buy the whole barrel back then. I was at an auction last weekend and saw a Viet Nam bring-back Norinco SKS go for $650.
And, I gotta say, my original unrefurbished Russian SKS is a ball to shoot with a value of around $500. I own several and enjoy shooting them when ever I can. Are they Browning quality ? No, but I am not afraid to scratch them either. I have no use for hangar queens. 8-)

Jamie.270

Count me among the fools JaDub.  I kick meself every time I see one in a for sale ad that also says:  $400 (or more)
I seem to remember the ammo being cheap too.  He had spam cans of lacquered steel cased for something like $24.99.

Shoulda.  Woulda.  Coulda.

Oh well, that's no worse than passing up all those muscle cars I could have bought in the late '70s for pennies on the dollar. (literally)

If you can't tell, I'm not exactly known for my foresight!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteIf you can't tell, I'm not exactly known for my foresight!
Just another member of a large club, of which I am also a member.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

The SKS tore up my chopper more than once......glad it wasn't a "Supergrade"! Bas Tard might have shot me down!!!!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: