Decisions decisions....

Started by sakorick, October 08, 2015, 11:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I thought it only fair to pick my opening day rifle based on performance at the range today under = conditions. The finalists were my 264 Sako win mag, the Huskvarna '06 and the Remington 35 Whelen. The winner was easy to select. I'm shooting a 225 Accubond in the big .35 at 2670'/sec......no prisoners!

All three rifles shot good in the 15-20MPH wind ,however, the Remington was the clear winner today. I know this will likk you Remington haters.:grin:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Looking good Rick. That Sako 264WM certainly looks accurate enough - the choice of the Whelan was due to greater knock down power?

Marcus

Jamie.270

A clear-cut case of good, better and bestest. :D

Quite the dilemma, and one all of us wish we had.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I dunno... If that's 3 shots for the .264, that's pretty darn good! None of them 'fall out' as far as I'm concerned. The .35 is going to 'anchor' them, and I know that's what you want considering the surroundings. Don't you have anything bigger? :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteI'm shooting a 225 Accubond in the big .35 at 2670'/sec
that seems to be really screaming! should be no problems with deer wandering onto the neighbors land.
QuoteQuite the dilemma, and one all of us wish we had.
Ditto!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Brithunter

Well I await the photos of dead dear. When does your season open?

You should know by now that although I don't like the Remington 700 I do not try to tell others what to use. heck you big enough, fat enough, old enough and ugly enough to make up your own mind :sarc:  :greentongue:.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: