3 generations of 1911's

Started by sakorick, August 21, 2015, 10:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I am truly blessed to own 3 generations of the 1911 pistol. From L to R, the first is a Series 80 Colt MK IV Gold Cup National Match. Not much to say about it other than I cannot load wad cutters fast enough as Eric shoots every round he can find whenever he and the boys visit the farm!

In the middle is a 1943 Remington Rand with WWII web gear and holster. The Pistol was acquired from Scott Gahimer who included a COA and data sheet w/ evaluation. The pistol is 100% as it left the factory in un-issued condition and is rated in the top 1% of all Remington Rand pistols ever produced.

On the right is my 1914 Colt that has the Colt COA and data sheet. Noteworthy is the fact that this well used 1914 was the last year the original patent date of Apr 20, 1897 appears on a Colt pistol. This pistol has been inspected with a 10 power lighted analyzer and is documented to have all parts as issued from the factory, including the magazine.....very rare indeed. I have added a WWI holster with web gear.

Here they are....enjoy a hundred and fifteen years of history!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

WOW!! Do you shoot the old ones or just the Gold cup? I wouldn't be able to resist taking the old timers out for a few shot every now and again.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Quote from: recoil junky;140718WOW!! Do you shoot the old ones or just the Gold cup? I wouldn't be able to resist taking the old timers out for a few shot every now and again.

RJ

No way would I ever shoot the old ones.....that's why I have the new one!

Bill Thibeault

Rick,  Great collection of 1911's!  I especially like the WW I 1911.  My favorite .45 Auto load is a Zero 185 grain swaged lead semi-wadcutter HP bullet over 4.0 grains of Bullseye powder.  Zero bullets are sold by Roze Distributors; the bullet I like is their #186-A, which sells for $101.35/thousand, which includes shipping.  This is a low recoil, very accurate load I use on the 25 yard line for outdoor pistol matches.  Fun to shoot, accurate, not much kick, and cheap to reload.  What's not to like?  Take care, Bill.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Fun to shoot, accurate, not much kick, and cheap to reload. 4 gr Titewad, 200gr SWC....I have 8 pounds of Titewad and 900 bullets. Same idea....can't buy Bullseye anywhere for the last 2 years.....the little I have I use for fireforming.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I had a series 80 which was deactivated when our pistol ban was introduced, consider me green with envy!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Love the 1911s.

Nice collection there Rick.

Too much hassle to own handguns here in Oz but the 1911 would be first on my list for purchase if i ever venture down the handgun licence track. Have to buy a 22LR first so a Walther made 1911 would be my first pick. Then the 45acp. Read a book by Mel Tappan which was written in the 70's (by the state of the book it looked like a first edition run) and he sang the praises of the 45acp. He didn't like the 9mm for stopping power. I don't have an opinion on this as I don't have either the knowledge or experience but I did find the book interesting as it talked about rifles and shotguns too.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

recoil junky

A 45ACP doesn't have to expand .  . . . .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky;140773A 45ACP doesn't have to expand .  . . . .

RJ
:biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: