[ATTACH]14006[/ATTACH]

Marcus

branxhunter

Steel FN bottom metal still to be blued

[ATTACH]14007[/ATTACH]

Marcus

Jorge in Oz

Nice stock Marcus.

Where did you get that one from locally or the US?
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

branxhunter

Gordon Cusens in Tasmania. Just sanded at the moment; still to be oil finished and checkered. It's a modified/refined version of the Geoff Slee "English Classic" pattern.

Marcus

gitano

Ooooh! Nice looking piece!

My preferred look for a hunting arm - "Classic".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Very nice....looks a bit like Myrtle. It will be beautiful.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Posted today, should be here by the end of the week

[ATTACH]14248[/ATTACH]

Marcus

Brithunter

I assume you have the rear sight for the dovetail on the barrel?

Parker-Hale were using Williams sights at this time it seems so finding a folding Williams should not be hard. I have one in my box but think it belongs to one of mine. BSA were also using the Williams sights o their later production rifles.

Yes I like that wood and stock profile very much indeed.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

branxhunter

Quote from: Brithunter;143221I assume you have the rear sight for the dovetail on the barrel?

Parker-Hale were using Williams sights at this time it seems so finding a folding Williams should not be hard. I have one in my box but think it belongs to one of mine. BSA were also using the Williams sights o their later production rifles.

Yes I like that wood and stock profile very much indeed.

I have the rear sight to fit the dovetail, as well as the front sight hood. They were taken off to facilitate the polishing. As well as polishing the barrel the stockmaker/gunsmith polished up the ejection port edge to get rid of some small dings, smoothed the feed rails, squared off the rear tang (the top surface was a bit off horizontal) and fitted a steel FN trigger guard and floor-plate to replace the anodised alloy one. You can just see he has also fitted a steel pistol grip cap which will also be blued.

I have been collecting Hillver style mounts, and will put a bridge mount with Hillver low rings reamed out to 26mm and a steel Kahles 3-9x42 with german #4 reticle on it.

LHS:

[ATTACH]14249[/ATTACH]

Marcus

sakorick

farmboy

Nice work what calibre is it chamber for.

sakorick

Quote from: farmboy;143241Nice work what calibre is it chamber for.

If I remember correctly, It's a .243. He's been working on it a long time and started with a blank. I don't think we ever solved the stock's country of origin, although I believe Claro Walnut from CA is probably close. Here is some Claro I found on line.

Tags: