This is the Male

Started by sakorick, April 15, 2015, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

His wife is on the nest. He walks around and tries to torment the dogs.....they ignore him as they have been raising a brood here for 5 years now.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Wanna bet he is tough as a boot?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

Quote from: drinksgin;138687Wanna bet he is tough as a boot?

You can bet your life he is. I have seen him in action against other Geese(no contest), a Gobbler that got to close, and he also ran off a coon. One tough Hombre that one!

drinksgin (deceased)

Actually,I was commenting on his performance in the pot, not the ring!

;>)

22hornet

He is trying to block your target too.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

Pretty neat! my friend set some traps on a small pond last year for a friend of his and a couple goose had a nest about 10 yards from the traps. They were very persistent when we were there!!! Goose is one thing I have a hard time to stomach!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

drinksgin (deceased)

I find snows and specks are just so-so, but  cacklers,( lesser canadas) are pretty good.

Jamie.270

Wild goose is one of the bigger challenges of cooking.  Edible/palatable is easy.
Tasty takes a little more, especially if you want it tender, but it can be done.

But I'm afraid that big gander of Rick's would be a real challenge to make both tender and tasty.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

drinksgin (deceased)

A pass through a grinder with an 8mm plate, then plenty of steak seasoning might do it!
I hope that gander's ears are burning.

sakorick

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I love wild goose, and there is a very simple solution to "tough" - pressure cooker. LOTS of meat can be first pressure cooked, THEN prepared any way you like with whatever seasonings, etc. you like. I do that with ALL bear meat and any tough meat. I barbque thereafter, roast, broil, fry, anything. Works on goose too.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Watch out gander, Paul WILL cook your goose and you too!

gitano

Quote from: drinksgin;138745Watch out gander, Paul WILL cook your goose and you too!
That's TRUE! However, the joy that comes from having a brood of almost anything WILD raised on one's 'home' far outweighs temporary gustatory pleasure.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: