Youth Day

Started by davidlt89, October 25, 2014, 05:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

today was Maine's youth deer day. they always have it a week before the opener and only kids under 16 can hunt. Normally either a buck or doe is allowed but since there are no doe permits in this zone, it was bucks only today.

We got up at o'dark thirty, got dressed and headed to pick my sons friend up and his dad. Got them, then got the important stuff, coffee!!! We headed to my hometown and sat for about 2 hours (all the boys could take).

We then loaded in the truck for some birds!!!! We just got on one of my favorite roads and ran into a flock of 6 on the right side of the road. My friends son had never shot a bird so we agreed he would be the first to get a crack. Him and his dad got out and one of the birds stood there nice and pretty. The boy put the bullet in his pump, took aim, and got a "click". He forgot to chamber the round!!! the bird went further in the woods.

My son and I got out and we all went in. My son came out with this.

We hunted birds for 5 hours and that was pretty much all we seen. we hit the deer field again around 3:30 and sat for an hour before the boys had just plain had enough. Here is my son waiting patiently.

We did not see any deer but the boys had a blast, especially in the truck while hunting birds. they laughed so hard one of them had to *** themselves:grin:.
All in all, a good time with good people and my son landed a bird which he liked very much! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Coooool!

Just one little thing David, you might want to have a word with that trigger finger.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;134682Coooool!

Just one little thing David, you might want to have a word with that trigger finger.

That's the first thing I noticed after the Grouse. Safety on or not, that needs to be nipped in the bud. Nice looking lad with a great smile.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: