Interesting morning

Started by drinksgin (deceased), September 25, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

The first wave of snow birds arrived, the robins.
My  opinion of 'squirrel's smarts is lower, I know they will eat just about anything, this morning they were after some broccoli trimmings, I eat raw broccoli, so that is good, BUT, they were burying pieces of it, do you really think they expect it to grow?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Jamie.270

Well, I dunno Don.  I think it depends,...

Were they wearing their little gardening hats and gloves?

:MOGRIN:
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

drinksgin (deceased)

All I could see was the usual genuine squirrel fur custom fitted coveralls.

;<)

gitano

It's tough over-coming instinct.

Interesting about the robins (Turdus migratorius). They are just about the first to arrive here in Spring, but do not leave particularly early. Most of the Alaskan robins over-winter in the Pacific northwest, mainly Washington.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Squirrels are not the only instinctive planter, A study in Texas showed that squirrels and blue jays would replant cleared hardwood forests at a rate of 3/4 mile per year.
I have found pecans and acorns under shingles many a time and watched blue jays collect as many as 4 acorns at a time in their bills and fly out and start planting them.

sakorick

My Hummers left on Monday and the Goldfinches left Tuesday. Only a handful of local Doves around. Everybody deserted me!:(
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

drinksgin (deceased)

Paul, how interesting was your morning?
Did the jello shake and the cake fall?

gitano

6.1 is a pretty big quake. The epicenter was about 60 miles from my house, so it was "real". The most significant part of it was the duration. I don't know what the official duration was, but it was a LONG one. I'd say about 1 minute. That's a LONG time to be wondering if it's gonna get worse. Sloshed the fish tanks around, but nothing fell of of any shelves.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

As long as there was no real damage, all is well.

rockinbbar

I wish they would put a bug in the dove's ears to come on down... ;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Tags: