Shooting with both eyes open?

Started by darrellonte, July 31, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrellonte

I've always shot closing my non-dominant eye and have never tried  shooting with both eyes open.  I'm thinking of giving it a go once the  new bow gets in, putting a 1/4" peep sight on it since the housing on  the G5 Optix XR2 is a bit larger and figuring with the slightly bigger  peep site to try with both open.  Anyone here shoot with both eyes open,  any tips or advice?

gitano

Do it. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

It takes a little practice, but so do most things that are worth doing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I've never shot any other way, bow, handgun or rifle. I've never ever shot a compound and always shot my long bows and recurves "awe naturale".  Sadly I can't shoot bows 'n arrers much anymore due to shoulder surgery, but when I do I can still hit a 6 inch paper plate at 30 paces! With both eyes open!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I fitted a peep to my bow as recommended by Paul, I have found that it helps me with 'both eyes open' as I have a left master eye and am right handed!
I'll post another pic next week as there is a new one pin sight on its way (hopefully it will not foul the quiver).

Gotta say I like this harchery stuff...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

The 'Apex-Gear covert' 1 pin sight turned up this morning, it's fitted and a rudimentary zero is done.
There are more adjustments than you can shake a stick at! But I have a working start point.

Oh and importantly no fouling of the quiver now   :grin:

Looking forward to taking the bow with me when I go to Scotland for a bit of 3D shootin'.
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Nice sight.

Does the compound bow come with a GPS? :biggthumpup:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

nahhh got one on me phone mate.... (oz accent please)
Turvey Stalking

gitano

QuoteLooking forward to taking the bow with me when I go to Scotland for a bit of 3D shootin'.
:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Just been spurred on to complete this post about my bow, here it is fitted with the new sight and quiver.

Had someone casting aspersions regarding my Flo green with touch of blue motif
There  is a reason behind it and I like it!:nana:

Ok, not 'Deer turds' as someone asked...

Damson;

The damson or damson plum (Prunus domestica subsp. insititia, or sometimes Prunus insititia), also archaically called the "damascene" is an edible drupaceous fruit, a subspecies of the plum tree. Varieties of insititia are found across Europe, but the name "damson" is derived from and most commonly applied to forms which are native to Great Britain. Damsons are relatively small plums with a distinctive, somewhat astringent taste, and are widely used for culinary purposes, particularly in fruit preserves.

This year the Damsons have been incredibly sweet - they never have been quite like this before!
Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I shoot traditional with both eyes open.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: