Backyard deer

Started by Antler3, February 01, 2005, 04:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

Yesterday evening, right before dark, I stepped over to the kitchen sink and glanced out the window. I saw what I thought looked like a deer about to cross the fence and come across into our yard  :D   I quickly grabbed my bow and realized I still had the practice field tips on my arrows. I then switched to a broadhead as quick as I could...okay now slip open the backdoor....oops forgot my release :(   quickly step back in and get release strapped on, man!!!! put it on backwards  :o    Thinkin' to myself hurry it up ! Okay now have release on ..ready...slip open backdoor. There were four doe about 5 to 600 yards away down in our back field. They paused and looked my way, then jumped the back fence and were gone  :frown . And to add insult to injury I found a pile of deer scat right behind my bow target in backyard.......  :rolleyes:     LOL. :p
ANTLER 3

rockinbbar

Gotta luv it!

At least you had the thrill & excitement for a while...;)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Gmoney

Sounds like an everyday experience in Texas....lol....we have more deer that laugh at us ....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Antler3

Been keeping an eye out from time to time, watching for those deer to cross again. Well this mornin' bout 8:00 , peeked out and there they were, 8 does, feeding along the pond bank about 300 yards from the house. I watched them with my bino's for about 30 min. They started around behind the pond bank, one got a drink. I thought I might be able to stalk close enough if they got behind the bank, so i started gettin' dressed real quick and looked out to see where they were, and there goes my little mut dog chasing after them :( They jumped the fences and the county road and ran all spread out, across my neighbors wide open field. The sun is shining bright and it was a beautiful sight to see. :D
ANTLER 3

Tags: