NEW*1941 Lithgow FTR NEW*

Started by sakorick, July 07, 2014, 05:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Boy did I ever get lucky on this one. It's about the nicest WWII rifle I have ever found. The seller didn't know beans about them had two lousy pictures with a price of 300 delivered. I took a chance and when the gun came I was all smiles. It looks probably like a Coachwood Slazenger stock and forestock with a Queensland maple fore handguard. The bore is pristine. One good looking gal if I do say so myself! The bolt and nosecap match the SN while the stock was a replacement during overhaul and not serial numbered. I assume it went into long term storage after FTR, hence the outstanding condition.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

RatherBHuntin

Dang it Rick, that's a nice rifle.  I've been looking for something like that for a couple years, and there is nothing local to be had for twice as much, not even considering condition.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Fieldmor77

Outstanding piece Rick, an unfired all matching 43 Lithgow sold on used guns here recently for around $1,400 what a bargain.

Tags: